Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

"Tuning" the #10 Plate? TONS of other questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Tuning" the #10 Plate? TONS of other questions...

O.K. - I have everything ready to go.

I'm going to follow the guide and set the plate in the same location as the stocker.

Then move the AFC housing forward.

What is the chance that I will have to adjust the starwheel?

What do I want it set at if the need arises?

I have a stock clutch, will I be O.K. for a while if I treat it nicely?

How hard will this plate be on my drivetrain?

I'm not doing boosted launches or anything like that.

I might do a little "spirited" driving...

But the main reason is for the trailer I'm getting...

Is a #10 too much? Should I have went with an 11 or 12?

What are your experiences?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Come on fellas!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Digital Bullet
O.K. - I have everything ready to go. <-- You and I have the same truck by the looks of it.
I'm going to follow the guide and set the plate in the same location as the stocker. <-- Good place to start. No sense being senseless right out of the box...

Then move the AFC housing forward. <-- I assume you want more lowend fueling, that will help getting the trailer rolling, but you will increase your smoke output more than likely.

What is the chance that I will have to adjust the starwheel? <-- Depends on if you like where you end up with the AFC housing. AFC slide = big adjustment, Star Wheel = small adjustment. They both adjust the same thing, off boost fueling.

What do I want it set at if the need arises? <-- On the floor? I'd try the fuel plate now, see what you think, hook it to the trailer and pull it around, if you don't like it, start moving it forward.

I have a stock clutch, will I be O.K. for a while if I treat it nicely? <-- It will last exactly 30 seconds longer than your self control. If you're nice, sure it will get you by for a while, but I don't know what you and your trailer are going to be pulling around either.

How hard will this plate be on my drivetrain? <-- Muahahahaha. Again, quick shifts, boosted launches, etc, they all are hard on it. The clutch is going to be your weak point most likely, you'll start slipping it *usually* before other things break.

I'm not doing boosted launches or anything like that. <-- Sure you won't....

I might do a little "spirited" driving... <-- See statement above.

But the main reason is for the trailer I'm getting...

Is a #10 too much? Should I have went with an 11 or 12? <-- I think a #10 will do you fine, until you get used to it and then want even more power and then you'll get out your grinder and make it #100, then you'll buy a bigger input shaft, dual disc cluth, traction bars, GSK, cam, head, studs, new bottom end, balancer and then you'll have a pulling truck... not that its happened to me or anything, I'm just saying...

What are your experiences? <-- Due to a gag order I'm afraid I can't share much more.

Have fun with it and enjoy!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by satburn
Have fun with it and enjoy!
Thanks man!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 10 plate moved 3/4 the way forward, and the AFC 3/4 the way forward, and the starwheel almost all the way towards the front, and I barely get a puff of smoke when I step on WOT for second. you have the 215 pump so it might get more smoke, but I didn't see any, and my EGT's are pretty much the same. If it makes a difference, i'm planning on taking the plate out and grinding it to a 100, then doing the 3gsk because I seem to defuel right after 2200 or so, and the 5spd likes alittle more rev's than the auto did.