Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Is TST worth it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The one thing I have to disagree with is the TST being smooth. I've had a TST for 4 years and love it, but if your sitting around 5psi driving down the road it shudders. I've had the box to TST a couple times to check this out and they say it normal. This is about where the TST starts adding fuel. They say 3psi. With up to about 125 HP injectors it isnt to bad. With the injectors I'm running right know its annoying as all heck. I dont drive around with the TST on anymore. The only time I turn it on is for play.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Double
You must have a Limited Edition Comp. The only level that will not defuel should be 5X5...so I thought. I was leaning towards selling my Comp for a TST but I think I'll what untill I see some more people making this move before I determine if it's worth it. In the interim, I think I'll see if I can't get a killer deal on some M6's at IRP.
either your right, i got a special edition DRAG version or i just got lucky and they messed up when they reprogramed mine for the DRAG version. i have heard its only suppost to not defuel on 5x5 but i can turn my to 4x1 to 5x5 and none of them defuel. only on levels 3x5 and lower. i am very ancious to get my motor together to see what i will run in the quarter. from what you have in your sig, you ran pretty dang good. wonder what i will run with what i got?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 AM

It'll go a little faster. I had the surge or more like a dead spot that a lot of people are talking about once you jump into O/O. After hitting O/D it felt like I opend a chute, I would have to back out of the throttle in order to start accelerating hard again . I've since downloaded the fix but have not been able to hit the track...feels like it's fixed though.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM

have you considered a Redline box??? that outta definatly get ya more power, don't think I've heard of anyone running the redline/smarty stack, but I bet it'd be one mean machine????? while your spending, may wanna look into it??? Dusty
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dusty Ratcliff
have you considered a Redline box??? that outta definatly get ya more power, don't think I've heard of anyone running the redline/smarty stack, but I bet it'd be one mean machine????? while your spending, may wanna look into it??? Dusty
thats a very good suggestion . do you know any one that has experience with it that can tell me a little big about it?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 AM

From what I understand the redline is not very streetable. Great in pulls and on the track, but very, very aggressive. Hopefully some that have one will chip in on it.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

see i am lookin for the most horsepower i get can with what i have now. my truck is by far a DAILY driver and i only turn the box even close to 5x5 when i street race ect... the thing i really like about my DRAG comp is that on 1x1 i have almost NO smoke in daily driver do to the fact that it defuels the truck so it makes it nice with the big injectors i have.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:09 PM

i see alot of folks saying that the redline isn't streetable, but if you have big sticks & say a van aaken/smarty/ez then you're one red button away from runnig just your timing+injectors, i usually leave my FMS cranked up for playing purposes, I drive around on injectors & the va alone, but when i need it "KILL MODE" is one little red button away!!!!! i believe the redline is also very adjustable like the FMS, not to mention 4K rpms!!!!!!! i'd seriously consider at least giving chip a call, i'd have the redline myself, but chip talked me out of it because I pull way too much with my truck, he said the redline & loaded trailers wouldn't mix very well!!!! it also says alot to me about a guy when he tells you his product is NOT a good idea for your rig, rather than some vendors who would rather feed ya a line of crap, take your $ & then let you find out yourself the product doesn't work well for your needs, I'd look into it if nothing else, Dusty
Old 06-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

i see alot of folks saying that the redline isn't streetable, but if you have big sticks & say a van aaken/smarty/ez then you're one red button away from runnig just your timing+injectors, i usually leave my FMS cranked up for playing purposes, I drive around on injectors & the va alone, but when i need it "KILL MODE" is one little red button away!!!!! i believe the redline is also very adjustable like the FMS, not to mention 4K rpms!!!!!!! i'd seriously consider at least giving chip a call, i'd have the redline myself, but chip talked me out of it because I pull way too much with my truck, he said the redline & loaded trailers wouldn't mix very well!!!! it also says alot to me about a guy when he tells you his product is NOT a good idea for your rig, rather than some vendors who would rather feed ya a line of crap, take your $ & then let you find out yourself the product doesn't work well for your needs, I'd look into it if nothing else, Dusty
well that sounds like that could be a very very good combo, stay with my injectors and say a Smarty for everyday driving, then like you said, push that little red button for KILL POWER!!!!!!!!do you know if the redline or FMS is a timing box or is it fuel only? do you also have Chips phone #
Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM

they both are fueling only, & I think that's part of the reason they get sold short, so to speak, alot of the time, I'll send ya a PM with Chip's info., Dusty