Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Is TST worth it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Is TST worth it!!!

ok guys from what i have in my sig, would i benefit any selling my DRAG comp and going with a TST/ smarty or EZ stack? bout how much more hp would i gain if any? have never rode in a truck with a TST so i have no clue as to how they perform. mind you i have some good size sticks, would i ever be able to run the TST on 9x9? everyone says its way to aggressive to run it there but it only gives the same amount of hp as my comp? what am i missing here? any imput would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Last edited by inline6power; 06-05-2006 at 05:53 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM

not sure if you would gain and peak HP but I think the fueling curve of a Smart/TST is more agressive than the comp. Also I like the timing of the smarty better then the EZ.

Randy
Old 06-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlie8301
not sure if you would gain and peak HP but I think the fueling curve of a Smart/TST is more agressive than the comp. Also I like the timing of the smarty better then the EZ.

Randy
ok would i benefit say in a street race? thats what i am really lookin for, just the next step. i have big sticks and a OK turbo, little small, but i want to no when i pull up to another truck or ricer, i got it!!!!!!! i really like the DRAG comp but all i ever hear is the TST/EZ stack. just wonderd if i would benefit from it with what i have in my sig
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 PM

the smarty will really fuel hard down low, spooling the turbo faster and making light to light racing faster. But it'll also smoke more until the turbo spools.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

the smarty will really fuel hard down low, spooling the turbo faster and making light to light racing faster. But it'll also smoke more until the turbo spools.
thats the thing, i have the DRAG comp along with the smarty already and love it. fuels hard low end and top end to. just wondering if i would benefit from switching from the DRAG comp the the TST. i have no experience with the TST and am just wondering if thats a better setup or not.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:30 PM

next time i'll try to read your sig
Seeing how you aready have a smarty I dont think you see big gains switching to a TST. but if you did switch to a smarty/tst you could run the dymanic timing of the smarty versus the static timing of the comp.

Randy
Old 06-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Seeing how you aready have a smarty I dont think you see big gains switching to a TST. but if you did switch to a smarty/tst you could run the dymanic timing of the smarty versus the static timing of the comp.

Randy
thats pretty much the only diff then is the timing. now i have the timing of the drag where its pretty good on the top end but if i go with the smarty i will have timing for the low end. other than that, theres not really any reason to switch then. wonder y everyone says to other people that you cant run the TST on high levels. they say its WAY to aggresive. but they never say anything about the DRAG comp or anything like that. i still think i am missing something.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:52 PM

I've heard with big sticks the higher levels of the fuel boxes are useless anyway
Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Randy
sorry my bad, i had a loaner smarty that Bob Wagner sent me and thats how i know about the DRAG comp and the smaty stack. worked very very well. sorry for the confusion
Old 06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

i am just trying to figure out if i am better off with the DRAG comp and the smarty or better off with the TST and smarty or EZ. just trying to figure out what the ultimate stack is for my truck along with what i have in my sig. i think i really need to start thinkin about twin turbos or something cuase this little Auroa 2000 is to small for my setup and egts are off the charts.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
KVD

My buddy had 99 2500 5 speed with the EZ/TST w/remote stack and it was awesome.

On 5 or above, mash it down with it rainin and it would spin till you let off. 9 on pavement would melt tires but after the fourth or fifth time (brand new mickey thompson 16X10s with 305 Dick cepeck tires) the clutch started slippin, bad.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

I'll let ya know next week cause I'm getting rid of my Comp and going with the TST.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'll let ya know next week cause I'm getting rid of my Comp and going with the TST.
sweet deal man, i no my DRAG comp works great, i mean i have no problem whoopin up on most if not all trucks around my area but like i said i am just lookin for that next step, just trying to squize all i can with boxes/programmers. next i am lookin into nitrous or water meth.

here is a good way to put it. if you took the same identical truck as mine, with the same modes, injectors, turbo ect, and it had the TST/EZ and mine still had the DRAG comp with the smarty, who wouuld win in a street race? thats what i am lookin for. not a huge huge improvment but something more than what i have right now.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:52 AM

Well, I don't know if my logic is correct or not but this is how it makes sence to me in my head:

Comp is half timing and half fuel so lets say 60hp timing and 60 fuel.

TST is 120 hp with fuel only.

So it would stand to reason that if you stacked an EZ (60hp) and a TST (120) that it would have 60 more hp than a comp.

I'm sure this probably doesn't work out this way on a dyno but I would still bet it would be higher.

Just my .02
Old 06-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Well, I don't know if my logic is correct or not but this is how it makes sence to me in my head:

Comp is half timing and half fuel so lets say 60hp timing and 60 fuel.

TST is 120 hp with fuel only.

So it would stand to reason that if you stacked an EZ (60hp) and a TST (120) that it would have 60 more hp than a comp.

I'm sure this probably doesn't work out this way on a dyno but I would still bet it would be higher.

Just my .02
i agree with you about the extra fuel and i am sure i wouldnt get a full 60hp but heres the thing, couldnt i just stack with a smarty and use the highest program, i think #8 to get the additional fuel without the smarty timing, wouldnt that do the same thing? thats where i am stuck.
TST=fuel only
Smarty= fuel or timing or both but timing is only on the low end i believe
DRAG comp= fuel+timing but the timing is on the high end.

so my conclusion is DRAG+Smarty= high end timing with low end fuel plus high end fuel from the comp

TST+Smarty=LOTS of fuel plus low end timing but no high end timing

what is a guy to do. please correct me if i am wrong

Quick Reply: Is TST worth it!!!