Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TST Powermax3

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST Powermax3

Im looking around at adjustable boxes again. Ive had a Comp and liked it alot. I undersatand what the PM3 does but what happens when you stack-it with an Edge EZ. can someone please explain this in some detail.<br> Thanks, Danny
Old 12-22-2002, 09:25 PM

Re:TST Powermax3

Maybe I`d get a Better respose if I put this in the GOOD<br> MORNING thread. Hey Chuck you probably know the answer to this one,well have you ever thought of doing it?<br> Danny
Old 12-23-2002, 06:30 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=danlit link=board=7;threadid=8676;start=0#83666 date=1040606122]<br>Im looking around at adjustable boxes again. Ive had a Comp and liked it alot. I undersatand what the PM3 does but what happens when you stack-it with an Edge EZ. can someone please explain this in some detail.<br> Thanks, Danny<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey Dan!<br><br>What you're getting with stacking an EZ is some additional timing. In effect, the EZ is simply taking over timing advance from the TST box. <br><br>The TST box is a heavy fueling module, much heavier than an Edge Comp, however its not very aggressive with timing. Adding the EZ gets you some pretty aggressive timing, and the TST box then adds its aggressive fueling for a bottom end kick that no standalone box can match.<br><br>There really isn't much more to it than that ;D<br><br>Rod
Old 12-23-2002, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the cool info. I just put the TSTpm3 on mine. WOW! Love the thing.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been doing some evaulation and I found with my combination of power products I have less boost with the EZ stacked then with the TST comp alone.<br>Feels like a bit less power too. Anyone know why this would be?<br>I'm guessing that with the Stage 3 DD's I have a bit of injection advance and adding the EZ was noticable but putting the TST comp on top of it seems to have put me into too much timing. This make sense? Running the TST is much stronger and the engine sounds better then with the timing of the EZ. I tried switching the plugs around for the MAPS and it never made a difference. 48 psi WOT stacked and 50 and a wee small bit past at WOT with TST Comp alone.<br>With the Kwikspool on level 9 [I am running there all the time] I get a small puff of smoke but not bad.<br>EGT was maybe 50F cooler stacked.<br>Could not get past 1350F WOT up a steep grade and the EGT started to drop off. Of course the ambient temp is only 10F <br>I think low EGT has something to do with the Scotty Air II that SUCKS COooOoOooOoOoOOoOOOooL Air and flows more then any other intake out there. ;D<br><br>
Old 12-23-2002, 06:46 PM

Scotty, I think Rob Thomas has the EZ/PM3/DD3 combo on his ETH so maybe you can compare notes with him. Or maybe ask BriarHopper, there are a few BMD locals that have that combo.<br><br>While we are on the subject of the PM3, for those of you who have tried both the Edge Comp and the PM3, which one has the best low end? How about throttle response? I know I can stack an EZ style box with the PM3, but I'm interested in how the PM3 alone compares to the Comp.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Paul<br>
Old 12-23-2002, 06:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=Paul Guthrie link=board=7;threadid=8676;start=0#84173 date=1040690812]<br>Scotty, I think Rob Thomas has the EZ/PM3/DD3 combo on his ETH so maybe you can compare notes with him. Or maybe ask BriarHopper, there are a few BMD locals that have that combo.<br><br>While we are on the subject of the PM3, for those of you who have tried both the Edge Comp and the PM3, which one has the best low end? How about throttle response? I know I can stack an EZ style box with the PM3, but I'm interested in how the PM3 alone compares to the Comp.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Paul<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks Paul. I had the Edge Drag Comp and right now I feel like the TST is stronger on the bottom end but I have not given it a fair shake yet. I have to consider that its much colder now and the roads are icy so I'll have to wait til the spring to do a better comparison. Or maybe go south for the testing...yeah thats it...
Old 12-23-2002, 06:51 PM

Scotty, Just reread your post. Have you tried the regular version of the PM3 or just the comp version stacked to the EZ? I know Briar seemed to have better results with the regular PM3 than the comp version when he went to the PDR HX-40. However, his truck is an ETC not ETH.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Using the TST comp only. I ran it several times today in different configs and it really appears that maybe the comp negates the EZ with my set up.<br>That Kwikspool works real well with the fuel I am dumping!<br>Maybe its time for twins, NOS and bigger injectors...but thats what the spare engine is for.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:34 PM

I have been wondering about this combination myself.....have a PM3 adjustable now and am debating between an EZ and a Van Aaken box to piggyback......<br><br>I talked to a guy that is running a Van Aaken with the PM3 and he said that he originally started with the EZ/PM3 which he liked ok......but when he switched out the EZ for the VA box he said it made a BIG difference......says noticably more low end punch.......
Old 12-23-2002, 09:58 PM

Ok guys bear with the stupid one, how do you stack boxes and what are the benefits?
Old 12-24-2002, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Scotty:<br><br>My son is running the TST PM 3/DD TTPM/DD &quot;Super<br>Mental&quot; Injectors/Piers HX-40/16. After &quot;stacking&quot;<br>the DD TTPM on top of the TST PM 3, the increase<br>in H.P. was VERY noticeable, especially on the bottom<br>end!! You could definitely feel the difference!<br><br>As Paul Guthrie pointed out, the TST PM 3 does seem<br>to perform better than the TST &quot;Comp&quot; Box. I can't<br>really tell you why that is though. <br><br>What REALLY helped all of the boxes, injectors and<br>turbos though, was the installation of &quot;Advanced <br>Diesel's&quot; Product Engineering PE 4200 Fuel &quot;Pusher&quot;<br>Pump Kit which has enabled my son to now be able<br>to USE all the power WITHOUT worrying about his<br>fuel pressure going down to &quot;0&quot;!! Since the install<br>of that pump, he can now push WOT and hold a<br>CONSTANT 16 lbs of fuel pressure!! Thanks<br>&quot;Jetpilot!!!&quot; <br><br>-------<br>John_P
Old 12-24-2002, 12:40 AM

Man John, you're really making me want one of those pumps bad. [undecided] :'( <br><br>DB
Old 12-24-2002, 01:56 AM

no one wants to help the stupid guy :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'(
Old 12-24-2002, 08:52 AM

iwannaram, The PM3 is a pump wire only fueling box. So, it doesn't run through the can bus. It only pierces the pump wire to make power. So, when guys stack boxes they are addding a can bus style box (EZ, VA, etc.) to the PM3. The can bus boxes add a little more fuel and change the timing through the ecm. By adding the two together, you should get the ultimate in fueling, timing, and low end power. However, if you want to go another route, the Edge Comp is an all-in-one box, both the can bus interface and the pump wire hookup in one box. Some people are reporting a slight power advantage with the PM3 stacked with a timing box. However, you've got the cost of two boxes as oppossed to one with the Edge Comp. It's your choice. Hope the helps you understand things a little better.

Quick Reply: TST Powermax3