Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Tst or Edge "Hot"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tst or Edge "Hot"?

Everyone where i live has the Edge comp. They are great chips and i know what they can do. If i went with the edge i know that i would send it back and get it hot. I believe the Tst is already hot, right? From these two box's which one should i go with? Or from what i have in my sig.... should i just go with some injectors? Just tell me what yall have experienced and what yall think about these two chips.Thanks
Trapper.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM

you need a clutch first
Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
BBA

i would second that even though with every thing i have im still on the stock clutch (not to much longer though) and it only slips in 6th if im lugging it. But most of the time i have my comp off anyways or on levl 1 or 2. I really like my comp though never tried the TST.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:09 PM

I know i need a clutch..and i am going to get one.. I wouldnt run the chip on high levels all the time i would just like to have it. Because everyone wants the smoke and power. I have bought Gauges and Cold air intake and i havent got the killer power yet. I am also considering injectors i am thinking of going with the BD 155. my friends have the 110 and 130. They say they work well.
Trapper.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Even with the TST, you can upgrade to the Comp version. Although you may not see full benefits considering you have a HO. You'd probably be better off with the standard version of either box + injectors.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:19 PM

Although you may not see full benefits considering you have a HO. You'd probably be better off with the standard version of either box + injectors.
Y is this??
Trapper
Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Banned

search....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM

A hot juice or drag comp will fuel to 3200 (?) which is benefifial on a SO or HO truck. When the tst is upgraded to their hot version the HO pump can't keep up on the upper levels so it won't add any more power, just fuel sooner and further into the rpms.

Since you have a ez already just look at a fueling box such as a tst or blue chip.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 AM

Can't speak for any other box, but I will say the TST PM3 (not Comp) is GREAT. With the remote mounted on the shifter I can roll into traffic, see an opening, up my HP, and launch.

If you are looking for smoke - my experience is that you will see very little.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM

I ran a Drag comp on my 02 and loved it, I will eventually put one on this truck. It very user friendly and smooth on all settings. The TST boxes that I was around when I had the 02 and was making my choice were no where near as smooth in applying the power, some of the trucks ran rough on the upper settings at idle, it was not what I wanted for my daily driver. That was a couple of years ago an some changes may have been made that would improve this.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:57 AM

I have a friend with an 01 auto. he has ran both the comp tst version and drag comp from edge. the edge seems to smoke a little more than the tst, but when he had it on he only ran it on low levels. they both made a huge difference on his truck. the tst comes in the powermax 3 or the comp version. I think the comp adds 140 or 160. the edge "hot" comp is rated at about 140. more of these guys can tell you what they dyno and all that
Old 06-07-2007, 10:13 AM

get the TST since you already have the timing from the EZ...

do some research on the BD's, ive read a few peoples' complaints about them recently.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ph4tty
..Since you have a ez already just look at a fueling box such as a tst
Good advise! The EZ/TST PM3 stack is a great combo. I ran it for 2 yrs and loved it!

BD 155's are respectable...but only if a great price, IMO. Compare with Jammers (who I believe makes BD injectors). Hearing good things about Dynomite Injectors. Shop around would be my advise. Definately Mach 4's if they fit in your budget.

RJ
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM

I have ran 3 fueling boxes, TST Comp, Xzillaraider, and Drga Comp, for sheer fun you cant beat a TST stacked with a Catcher/Smarty on 9, its simply brutal, however it is not very smooth and got pretty annoying, I then stacked with a Van Aaken and it ran a ton better, but still past level 4 it would shudder bad, I then went to the Xzillaraider stacked with my Catcher, hands down better running than the TST, also a lot smoother, maybe a lil less power but also a lot less smoke with the same amount of boost, Then comes the Drag Comp, I love it, low low smoke at the levels I daily drive at usually off or on 2x2,
however when I hit 5x5 it pulls hard and comes on fast, I honestly think it pulls harder than my TST, however the TST dyno chart looks like a flat table top, it just peaks and holds it till 3200 then drops off, all in all its a matter of your driving style and what you will be happy with, I miss the bottom end snap of the Catcher and the Quad, but dont miss the huge cloud of soot when I try to take off from a dead stop quickly, either way you cant go wrong, but if you already have an EZ try either the Quad box or the TST, good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:06 PM

I will second this, Get the TST!

Quick Reply: Tst or Edge "Hot"?