Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TST Comp is in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST Comp is in!

After a little trouble earlier today I got my TST PM3 Comp in, and dang, this thing is WICKED! I took my drag comp out just before this install and the differances I noticed are how the TST waits on boost to fuel, so it doesnt just dump fuel on no boost.(I also had my map unplugged). But this one, when it does fuel YOU FEEL IT! I did notice some shutter when I let out of it when it was really fueling hard. As compared to a Drag Comp its not near as smooth, its hard to just roll into the throttle without being jerky, it just wants to go! But comparing the two boxes, for all out power, I would definatley pick the TST. Man, I cant wait for my Smarty to be here next week to take care of the low end! I'm a'thinkin' I need a turbo pretty quick!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

you just wait. stick a super phat shaft in there with a smarty and it'll be 10x better than that.

just be careful. i toasted my nv5600 about 4 or 5 days after i put it on.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 PM

How did you do that? And what broke?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what are the price differences between the TST PM3 comp and Edge Drag comp?

and do you feel it in the seat of pants, that the TST is stronger? how about full boost smoke difference?

thanks for answering any question to the 24valve noob
Old 09-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Prices? I dont know, I bought both of them used. As for power, yes the TST is stronger, but not near as smooth. I havent really nailed it much yet, heck I havent gotten out of town or 4th gear! I'll let you know when I drive somemore tonight.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:09 PM

what do you mean with not near as smooth??
Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM

Try hooking up your edge comp box in ez mode stacked with the TST comp untill your smarty gets in, the Edge comp box gives a nice kick in the pants down low
Old 09-15-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by CTD2001
Try hooking up your edge comp box in ez mode stacked with the TST comp untill your smarty gets in, the Edge comp box gives a nice kick in the pants down low
Yep, that's what I sub in some of the time. Works great.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve
what do you mean with not near as smooth??
Well the fueling comes on harder than the Drag box. Its hard to take of smoothly without it just taking off and pushing you back, but hey, I dont mind! This is on the higher settings though. With the comp you could roll into the throttle and it was powerfull but real smooth, with the TST it just freakin' goes.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Funny cause I noticed the exact opposite when I switched from a comp to a TST. Granted they were normal versions but the TST is so much smoother IMO.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 PM

Really? Thats interesting? And on mine you can really feel it de-fuel when you let off, and hear it Cant be good for my pump!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 PM

I will have to agree with Caleb C. The TST comp box does not fuel as smooth as the Edge Drag Comp box did. Well let me re phrase that. Once the Tst Comp box is fueling, it is smooth, it is just that when you are fluttering around the boost levels driving down the road that the box needs to see to add fuel, it can get a little jerky, but once you are past the boost level that the box needs to see, it is smooth, but it can shake the truck hard when you let out of it and you are in the upper levels.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by CTD2001
I will have to agree with Caleb C. The TST comp box does not fuel as smooth as the Edge Drag Comp box did. Well let me re phrase that. Once the Tst Comp box is fueling, it is smooth, it is just that when you are fluttering around the boost levels driving down the road that the box needs to see to add fuel, it can get a little jerky, but once you are past the boost level that the box needs to see, it is smooth, but it can shake the truck hard when you let out of it and you are in the upper levels.

Perfect description...
Old 09-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caleb c.
How did you do that? And what broke?
well it was already grinding but this sent it over the edge. i believe its the input shaft bearing. But it sounds AWFUL! sounds like some kinda machine gun when its in gear/clutch out. theres another 2500
Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 PM

I've never had the shudder people talk about when letting off. I do know that level 9 can not be driven down the road. It bucks so bad you about get whip lash.

Quick Reply: TST Comp is in!