Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TS MVP First impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TS MVP First impressions.

My first days with the MVP. The install went real easy after I got the sexes correct on the CAM connector. I called and talked to TS before my fix, to ask permission, real nice guys. After crossing my fingers, setting the dial on the anti-clock-wise setting, starting the truck(can`t be this easy), it fired right up. After warming the engine up and getting to the 101 FWY in go-home traffic, I had time to warm things up some more. I dialed up the dial some to see what changes, if any, at 15mph. No change. After the traffic lightened up, I jumped on the throttle in 4th gear. After the turbo KICKED in, I`m off like a dirty shirt. OH NOOOOOO!!!!!! A miss. Wait, thats not a miss, thats wheel spin. COOL. The turbo comes on like my old T-Bird, but not quite as violent. Upon arriving home 60 miles later, I am pleased with the performance so far. Before the install (see below) I smoked alittle too much when gettn with it. The MVP seemed to clean up the smoke about 50%, which is great. I have not run a full tank of fuel through it yet, I will let you all know later. The overhead trip meter is not accurate, but I use it as a barometer. That being said, my mpg is up about 2mpg when on cruise control at 70 mph. Again, I will let you all know when I get some good numbers. Thank you cstroup for your help. Mark PS the setting on the dial is at the 2/3 setting.

Last edited by Kayakit; 12-14-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: for an additional info.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question: Did the tires spin anti-clock-wise or non-anti-clock-wise? J/K just giving you a hard time.. never heard the term anti-clock-wise before.

Glad you like your new box.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti- anti

Ha-Ha. Its from hanging with my Aussi friends too long, I guess. Mark