Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TS MPV...... First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There should be a stock 24v at the Comp D race in Steele this weekend that we are gonna play with on Dunbar's Dyno. I'll get Dave to run it bone stock, with the MVP, and My old VA.... I'll let you guys know what we come up with
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
CST

First, even if they know that no more power is made after a particular rpm, who lets out at 2600RPM on a dyno pull? Not a Superflow operator myself, but any other dyno doesn't show you ANY graphs until the run is complete, which raises the question, how was he that confident that he had made peak power, which only occured 100rpm ealier?

Second, Why the F is Microsoft PAINT open when running WinDyn and Superflow programs..? maybe im looking to deep.

Third, You say "the way quadzilla and edge and tst does it" . What YOU DO NOT understand is that its NOT they way THEY do it, this is how BOSCH does it! and the way Bosch does it gives a limit to the maximum fuel value obtainable through the VP44. When your working with electronic serial data messages there isnt "something that no one has thought of before" There is a physical meaasage that consists of numbers and letters that is the absolute highest fuel value that the VP44 will compute. Period. You cannot make up a fuel message and get the VP to compute it. There is no if ands or buts, I will not argue with you about this. Call the guys who designed the system if you do not believe this. Wait until about 3 am though, its late in Europe.

Do you really think that if some one like MSD ignition (edge) or tst or quadzilla, or all these other guys with resources out the a$$ could have gotton around engineering a pump soleniod control system (wire tap) by by just using the data link that they wouldnt have done it already? or at least figured out how to? There is a reason for pump taps, and this brings us right back to the beginning, YOU CAN ONLY TELL THE VP TO DELIVER SO MUCH FUEL THROUGH THE BUS. Why do you think that Smarty cant make 230hp on VP powered trucks??

I am not saying it doesnt run good or better than anythign else out there, but your agueing over the technology that I dont think is there?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CST
First, even if they know that no more power is made after a particular rpm, who lets out at 2600RPM on a dyno pull? Not a Superflow operator myself, but any other dyno doesn't show you ANY graphs until the run is complete, which raises the question, how was he that confident that he had made peak power, which only occured 100rpm ealier? I don't know exactly why he let out, as I was not there....Maybe a Superflow Operator knows more, but we are gonna put it on Dunbar's Dynojet Saturday

Second, Why the F is Microsoft PAINT open when running WinDyn and Superflow programs..? maybe im looking to deep. I don't have WinDyn or Superflow... I have Paint on the machine at work, so they cut and pasted the sheet into paint so I could get it.

Third, You say "the way quadzilla and edge and tst does it" . What YOU DO NOT understand is that its NOT they way THEY do it, this is how BOSCH does it! and the way Bosch does it gives a limit to the maximum fuel value obtainable through the VP44. When your working with electronic serial data messages there isnt "something that no one has thought of before" There is a physical meaasage that consists of numbers and letters that is the absolute highest fuel value that the VP44 will compute. Period. You cannot make up a fuel message and get the VP to compute it. There is no if ands or buts, I will not argue with you about this. Call the guys who designed the system if you do not believe this. Wait until about 3 am though, its late in Europe.

and fourth, I threw any claims you mentioned about hp numbers right out the window when you came back with the injector nozzle thing.

Do you really think that if some one like MSD ignition (edge) or tst or quadzilla, or all these other guys with resources out the a$$ could have gotton around engineering a pump soleniod control system (wire tap) by by just using the data link that they wouldnt have done it already? or at least figured out how to? There is a reason for pump taps, and this brings us right back to the beginning, YOU CAN ONLY TELL THE VP TO DELIVER SO MUCH FUEL THROUGH THE BUS. Why do you think that Smarty cant make 230hp on VP powered trucks??
As for your last few paragraphs. Without giving out any proprietary info, all of the above manufacturers do things in a similar fashion. This box is very different. I'm not gonna argue with you about any of that stuff either. I don't have the time or energy. We will see what it does Saturday and that is that. ...agreed?

On Edit:
I see that of your 17 posts here 15 of them are either talking about Quad's products or defending them, 1 speaks of a dyno day and this one bags on the graph and product in question. One could assume that you either work for or are very close to Quad. Seeing as how Quad and I have already discussed this stuff elsewhere, you really should ask him how he feels bout you slamming someone else's stuff before you post in a fashion such as this.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timbeaux38
There should be a stock 24v at the Comp D race in Steele this weekend that we are gonna play with on Dunbar's Dyno. I'll get Dave to run it bone stock, with the MVP, and My old VA.... I'll let you guys know what we come up with
Sounds like a plan.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:15 PM

I see that of your 17 posts here 15 of them are either talking about Quad's products or defending them, 1 speaks of a dyno day and this one bags on the graph and product in question. One could assume that you either work for or are very close to Quad. Seeing as how Quad and I have already discussed this stuff elsewhere, you really should ask him how he feels bout you slamming someone else's stuff before you post in a fashion such as this.
I will vouch for the fact that I have no idea who he is??? I guess I could know him but, I do not know anyone that uses that handle on here?

My guys do not get on here and when they do I think they are something like qztech or something?

Anyhow, giving him the benefit of the doubt he is not on here because he is on the payroll......at least that I am aware of!

Timbeaux you better be careful you might be getting someone fired!!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 PM

And Quad, BTW, the guy(Phil) that originally posted the graph on my board had no idea that the truck was not stock If you like, I'll be more than happy to edit that......

Yep, better edit any claims that a 223 HP/608ft/lb 24V Dodge is "stock."
There have been several 223HP stockers, but 608 ft/lbs of torque? C'mon!

I would be careful with early claims that may be even thought to be fudged. It can hurt a product which might actually be quite good.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Timbeaux you better be careful you might be getting someone fired!!
If your unemployment insurance goes up, I may know a guy
Old 05-14-2008, 03:40 PM
GFB

Just to fuel the fire.....

Maybe you can get a XZT+ to dyno too?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Quad on your web site you claim up to 180hp and 450ftq on your adrenaline. That wasn't on a stock truck was it. Isn't that why there are asterisk before and after the figures. But no explaination anywhere on the page.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98.5Hotrod
Quad on your web site you claim up to 180hp and 450ftq on your adrenaline. That wasn't on a stock truck was it. Isn't that why there are asterisk before and after the figures. But no explaination anywhere on the page.
Maybe I can help out...

Quad and I have discussed a bunch of this stuff today, out of the public view and yes, those numbers were not on a stock truck. He also says "up to" and he has the proof of that so technically.........
Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM

I remember reading the post on that truck, it was far from stock. I read a post the other day, where a guy dynoed his modified truck with his Edge Comp turned off. Then dynoed again with Edge Comp turned on and it made 181hp more. Comp is only a 120hp box?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
CST

[QUOTE=timbeaux38;2082140]As for your last few paragraphs. Without giving out any proprietary info, all of the above manufacturers do things in a similar fashion. This box is very different. I'm not gonna argue with you about any of that stuff either. I don't have the time or energy. We will see what it does Saturday and that is that. ...agreed?

On Edit:
I see that of your 17 posts here 15 of them are either talking about Quad's products or defending them, 1 speaks of a dyno day and this one bags on the graph and product in question. One could assume that you either work for or are very close to Quad. Seeing as how Quad and I have already discussed this stuff elsewhere, you really should ask him how he feels bout you slamming someone else's stuff before you post in a fashion such as this.[/QUOTE]

I utilize a Smarty/Comp stack? Not affiliated with quad, other than installing some of his products, as well as everyone elses products, even TS. All with good results.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

[quote=CST;2082235]
As for your last few paragraphs. Without giving out any proprietary info, all of the above manufacturers do things in a similar fashion. This box is very different. I'm not gonna argue with you about any of that stuff either. I don't have the time or energy. We will see what it does Saturday and that is that. ...agreed?

On Edit:
I see that of your 17 posts here 15 of them are either talking about Quad's products or defending them, 1 speaks of a dyno day and this one bags on the graph and product in question. One could assume that you either work for or are very close to Quad. Seeing as how Quad and I have already discussed this stuff elsewhere, you really should ask him how he feels bout you slamming someone else's stuff before you post in a fashion such as this.[/QUOTE]

I utilize a Smarty/Comp stack? Not affiliated with quad, other than installing some of his products, as well as everyone elses products, even TS. All with good results.
Like I said, one could assume that based on your posts.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98.5Hotrod
I remember reading the post on that truck, it was far from stock. I read a post the other day, where a guy dynoed his modified truck with his Edge Comp turned off. Then dynoed again with Edge Comp turned on and it made 181hp more. Comp is only a 120hp box?
The"standard" Comp is rated at 120 on a stock truck. I would think that it is possible to pick up that much on a modified vehicle, especially if things like water/meth or big single/twins are involved.

Say you have a 24v with an s300/s400 twin set. depending on the setup, without the fuel box on, the truck may never be able to get on top of the turbos for example.

Nonetheless, a truck with an adrenaline picked up 180 by adjusting settings, so I really don't have any problems with that claim.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
CST

Looking back at em, yeah, I see where your coming from. Well in conclusion please post up your results after you dyno, if they're as good as we are hoping they are we will have a new box to play with!

Quick Reply: TS MPV...... First impressions