Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Trying again... some recomendations on dual disk clutch other than south bend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unless the update is very recent, my buddies truck cracked a floater this summer they sent us a replacement and he pulled about 6 times with it and we pulled the clutch out a couple week ago and it was cracked again. Even if it is cryod it is just not thick enough and the lugs than hold it in place are to shallow. it's just a bad design you cant getaround.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM

I'm the 12.6 guy with 677rwhp, and so far no problems after 40K+ miles on my Haisley Street Drag. It's going to be coming out pretty soon for a shim adjustment, but this will be the only maintenance on it since the install. Plenty smooth and holds well! I have never had a problem getting someone to answer at Haisley whenever I have called up there.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Muted User

Well a lot of folks had told me about the haisley street drag being very smooth, but I do want to be able to hook a few times a year and come out with RPM's up a bit in 4th gear low (6 Speed), and I understand that the straight organic disks of the street drag would make such activity bad-juju. So as far as Haisley's products, I really am leaning toward a street puller, but I have heard two totally different stories from two guys. One says it has a quite smooth engagement and he can back a trailer up a grade feathering the clutch and another gentleman told me its so bad the truck is a chatter box and shakes the fillings out of your teeth without the trailer or the grade!!! and his wife wont even drive it anymore Any other follks would like to chime in ?? .... I was thinking maybe the guy with the bad chatter problem has a warped floater or something along that line, and perhaps his experience is not normal....

Kp
Old 10-18-2006, 08:42 PM

The street drag discs aren't organic. It has MIBA (mee bah) pucks which are basically a ceramic button bonded to the disc. The Street Twin uses a standard organic disc. If you're going to pull go with an iron disc clutch. Just be prepared for it to screech everytime you engage the clutch.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Muted User

Oh, I guess I got the street twin and the street drag cornfused !! lol

Is the street puller a fully feramic disk, or a feramic/organic combo ???

I suppose that a little screech while the clutch is slipping on egagement isnt that bad...

Kp
Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 PM

The street puller (and comp puller) are sintered iron disks.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Muted User

Oh, thats interesting. I didnt think that the street version would be sintered iron. I would have guessed that would have been too chattery.. Interesting.

So whats the difference between the street puller and the full comp version then, if the disks are both sintered iron?? Plate load I suspect.....

Kp
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM

comp puller has a lever type pressure plate with wieghted arms