Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Trouble Installing Skyjacker shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replaced shocks now rear is bouncy

I replaced the front and rear shocks, the rear ones looked like they were originals, or at least whoever had the truck before me had chrysler shocks put back on the truck. Anyway after I replaced them with Skyjacker shocks the front feels much better, the back bounced after hitting bumps, I did a accelerate test with the comp and and the rear end didn't grip nearly what it used to. I don't know what the difference is from old stock shocks to aftermarket, but the back rides horrible now! what happened?

Last edited by oaborbag; 11-11-2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Changed topic
Old 11-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know just what you mean man. I used a set of pipe pliers and a mallet to smack it in. It was a pain but it went eventually! Good luck!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM

WD-40 is the only way to put those guys in!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

your rear shocks aren't upside down are they... I did that before and it had the same results as you described
Old 11-11-2007, 07:37 PM

i put monroe reflexes on and then switched to bilstiens 5100s when i leveled her . imo would rather have factory shocks they road better
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by fordkiller43
I know just what you mean man. I used a set of pipe pliers and a mallet to smack it in. It was a pain but it went eventually! Good luck!
Originally Posted by schaef_12
WD-40 is the only way to put those guys in!
where in his post did he say anything about having trouble putting them in? he said that he installed new shocks and his truck rides horrible now.

i guess if it were me and the front felt better but the back was worse i would just put the old rear shocks back on.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by motomac3
where in his post did he say anything about having trouble putting them in? he said that he installed new shocks and his truck rides horrible now.

i guess if it were me and the front felt better but the back was worse i would just put the old rear shocks back on.
Probally cause he listened to what we suggested and then edited his post!!!! its to easy..... just click edit?

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by taken5875
your rear shocks aren't upside down are they... I did that before and it had the same results as you described

They are upside down, and the reason is on the passenger side the exhaust runs right next to where the shock boot would be, and I'm afraid it would burn it.

But the stock shocks road stiff, thats why I wanted to replace them, but I didn't want my truck to look like I have hydro's going down the road
Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM

I remember how to fix this one. pour a 4'' thick slab of concrete in the bed problem solved.
ps. a guy on here really did this
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM

Probally cause he listened to what we suggested and then edited his post!!!! its to easy..... just click edit?
i was wondering about your responses. i didnt look to see if he edited it. just saw what he posted and what you posted and was like ***?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 PM

Yea I edited the post rather than making an entire new thread, I put why I edited it too!

But I think I'm going to try to turn the shocks around and see how close the passenger one is to the exhaust, if its touching I'll put the stock ones back on and deal with the stiff ride, if its not I'll leave it and take it for a ride.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM

Its all good MotoMac. They have the option to edit your posts on the forum and people change their thread and make the guys who made replys back to their post look like complete idiots!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 PM

Its all good MotoMac. They have the option to edit your posts on the forum and people change their thread and make the guys who made replys back to their post look like complete idiots!
Sometimes a complete idiot is a pretty good description of me!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by schaef_12
Sometimes a complete idiot is a pretty good description of me!
yeah its happened to me a time or two as well!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by oaborbag
They are upside down, and the reason is on the passenger side the exhaust runs right next to where the shock boot would be, and I'm afraid it would burn it.

But the stock shocks road stiff, thats why I wanted to replace them, but I didn't want my truck to look like I have hydro's going down the road
thats why i mounted mine upside down to. mine were so stiff my back tires hopped off the ground over bumps on back roads.

Quick Reply: Trouble Installing Skyjacker shocks