Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Trouble free head gasket??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya thats what i thought but nope they told me 24V's they just stud them and they hold fine. Im in Rapid city SD if anyone knows of a good machine shop. I am going to do some calling on monday.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by theonlyz
What are the specs for o-ringing a head? Or how will I be able to tell if a machine shop knows what they are talking about? What matterial is used for o-ringing?
It varies widely with the shops you use. If they have not done diesels, just drive to the next stop. The specs I would use are not for public consumption.

Dave
Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned

Ya unfortunetly, I have ONE diesel shop here!!!! GOT to love SD. Also from doing some more research today I find they have not even done one from the sound of things!!!! I asked what shop they send there heads to to get worked and o-ringed and they said well we never actually had them do one and are not sure if they can. When yesterday they talked as they can and have done them. So i called the shop they use and they referred me to a couple others who verified there is no one in SD with the tools to handle such a job. They said to try Denver. What does a guy do NOW?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

Its not that I am scared to pull a head and I am all for that I just dont have the time to spend in down time!!! Pull the head ship the head get it all done up ship the head back and install it!!! I am guessing that will be a good 2+ aweeks of down time at least!!!! OUCH. Im thinking just order one done up already since just a standard head job I was told is 6-800.00 depending on whats needed, not to mention cutting oring groves and installing those. For that price I can almost buy a head from cummins. Any good places to shop for such a head??
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 PM

So whats the diff between fire rings and o rings?