Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Tried a Smarty still undecided.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried a Smarty still undecided.

I finally got my transmission done and back in my truck with a triple disk converter. What a difference. I guess you really don't notice how much power your losing through a worn out slush box lol.
So I hook up a friends smarty he let me try it for a week. It fuels hard and truck goes great but when on anything higher than sw5 I notice the fueling doesn't seem consistent and smooth. and it seems to fuel really hard just as i let off the throttle.
So with that said im not sure im ready to throw down the 650 for a smarty with no monitor or go with a edge or quad with a monitor. I don't have gauges but I do have a fp light and fass ddrp.
the truck has a blue chip special x vp44 on it.
So what are the pros and cons from people that have tried the quad adrenaline and the edge would you buy again or go with something else. just tryimng to make a informed purchase.
Tia. Garrett
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 AM

.....I'm thinking about a smarty also.......maybe u have a little problem with something that only shows up when pushed hard.....kim....
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 PM

That's what I was curious about. Im not bashing the smarty at all I just want to hear from people with other products that can compare.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 AM

FWIW - I had the edge comp (never tapped pump) for several years and about 70% of the time it worked pretty good, tended to throw codes, intermitent power problems at the box, Edge was always good about fixing but still was not 100%. Decided to go the Smarty route, once you have performed the download to the desired level it is great! And alot more flexibility on power settings. I do wish program changes could be performed with out stopping and resetting but I have learned to live with it. I also like the ability to read more of the codes if needed. Of my experience with only these 2 boxes I would do the Smarty again if need be. Good Luck