Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

trans temp installed but its pegged right out

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trans temp installed but its pegged right out

i put a compression fitting on the hot tranny line right below the heat exchanger and fired the truck up.. seemed to work good.. got not even like a block or 2 down the road and the guage is pegged right out at 250.....

its an autometer electric. now theres 3 posts on it... looking from the back... grnd on the top, sender on the left, and ign wire on the right.

but there was this lil red tag that said sender wire attach here on the grnd terminal ... which i just assumed was a mistake.. or was it....

i used 18g wire.

thanks
sean
Old 06-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Darn, I just typed a long post and I deleted it

My only thoughts are you might be blocking the flow in the hot line with the sending unit install too deep, try backing it out some with a coupler, it will still read just fine.

On the back of the Ultra lite trans gauge there is only 1 spot for the wire to go labeled S on the left side, the others are top is ground and right is 12V switched as you stated. If you have you sender tied into the Ground I don't think it would read anything.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM

arg.... no one else has had this problem. and 2500ram yeah i tried swapping the ground and sender wire and no luck. and i do have a coupler on there to back it out a bit. and if it was really overheating my trans temp light would come on in my dash like it did once before with the old tranny.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:13 PM

First check the ground. Make sure you have a good ground. Maybe even temporarily run a 18 gauge wire from the neg. battery terminal to the back of the gauge to see if it works. Just be careful not to short anything out on the back of the gauge.

If that doesn't do it, then maybe you just have a bad gauge or sender. If everything is hooked up right, I don't see why it shouldn't work. I've had bad gauges straight out of the box; sent it back to Autometer and they replaced it with no hassle.