Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Trade Silver Bullet for Twin's ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade Silver Bullet for Twin's ?

This is not a done deal, but Ive had the offer to trade a set of PDR twins for my Silver Bullet 66. The offer might even be from a member on here, as of right now its through a 3rd party, so Im going to contact the twin owner tonight, I need more info.
Here's what I know. Said it was a set of PDR towing twins, which would make them a 35/3B. But..... a few things have been modified, which I dont know what this means. It could mean it is a purchased PDR set of twins, or it could mean that it uses the same twins as PDR. I was leaning toward a S300/S400 twin kit, but I got this offer. What would you do?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you can verify the condition on the twins set, it's a no brainer to ditch the SB imo.--Justin
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Yep thats what I was thinking. I just want to make sure Im not going to have to rebuilt the turbos and end up being a costly trade. I dont have a 3-piece manifold yet, so that is an upfront cost I will have to invest in, and I will have to watch my boost until I get the studs and rings, but I feel like it will be well worth it.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM

Stay single charger.
Brandon
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Brandon, not everyone has had the problem with twins that you've had because not everyone is a Mad Scientist like you

Why stay single? (aside from the fear of marriage and all).

Justin
Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM

Mr. JoeFarmer is the Mad Scientist not me I wish I had his knowledge! I have ran the Silver Bullet now I have moved onto a small wheel S4 W/SX Housing I just liked my first large single and want to stay this way. Though in no way am I putting Twins down just my (uneducted) opinion.
Brandon
Old 11-19-2007, 06:38 PM

My bad, I thought maybe you were JF and had changed handles.

I think he has a '97 12V also.

This is me feeling sheepish.

jh

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HOHN
My bad, I thought maybe you were JF and had changed h
I think he has a '97 12V also.

This is me feeling sheepish.

jh
I thought the same thing, but he spells his name correctly

And I believe you are correct...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I thought the same thing, but he spells his name correctly
He might spell it correctly...but he's almost in the same category as me and Brandon...we'll see how long it takes him to break something with his new setup!

Chris

BTW...personally, I would ditch the single and go twins. They will make more low end power, and should keep the EGT's much more manageable. I've had a few twin sets,a nd a few bigger single (never as big as a Bullet, though) and I always seem to go back to twins!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM

Alright found out a little more info today. No top turbo. Bottom charger and piping only. Around 20k miles on setup. It was a kit purchased from Piers but was modified and repowered coated to look better???? Any differing opinions now?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:23 PM

Hard to say, you never know what you are gonna get...Who truly knows the condition unitl it is too late...Right,,,
Old 11-20-2007, 05:45 PM

I'd say so. Where'd the top turbo go? Why did it go? Why does he wanna trade?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM

DON'T DO IT.
Brandon
Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Look, I have the very same twins you are talking about. I like the set up very much. Especially for towing-- they are great. But, having said that, if you are only getting part of a kit then don't do it. That bottom turbo is only worth half as much as your SB in $. A half baked kit is not what you want to deal with there is nothing but troubles galore for you. Twins are hard enough to install when you have everything and know what you are doing... this way... uh, no way would I do it unless I was an experienced fabricator. And the exhaust manifold should come as part of the kit. Either do the whole kit swap or not at all.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh, one other thing... and I really do suppose Piers ought to be the one to respond so if I mess this up Piers, please forgive me as I'm only trying to help you...

Piers has opened another shop and while he designed those twins setup he's no longer affiliated with "PDR Diesel Performance" of old but has his new "PDP" or Peak Diesel Performance. Funny thing is the old PDR still uses "piersdiesel" as their web address. Oh well...
The point I am making is Piers is really cool to deal with and will go way out of his way to help you get what you want if you decide to go down that path.

Quick Reply: Trade Silver Bullet for Twin's ?