Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Trackbar Blues...go with newer adjustable not Lukes Link!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trackbar Blues...go with newer adjustable not Lukes Link!

I have been doing a lot of research (here) on this and installed a Luke's Link on my OEM last year and it is failing after the adjustments. I am now going to go with the adustable version. I think I prefer from postings the Thurenfab over some of the others. Just looking for others positvie and negatives with some of these adjustable bars.

I have the Skyjacker springs on my front to give me an inch more of lift and this leveled out ole Besse. I have noticed that my axle has been shifted to the left (looking from front) about 1 1/2". This is causing my front sway bar struts/bushings to lean also to the left. Need advice on type/brand & where to go for cheapest replacement bushings for these struts?

I need to replace the RH tie rod end on the passenger's side as it is in need of replacement and do not think the Lukes Link will work on this end due to the need for more flexing than LL should provide....any other experiences?

Also need to know who to go to in the AUSTIN/BASTROP TX area to align my front end (4 wheel alignment) that is in touch with our dodge issues.

Thanks for the time!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:29 PM

Can't go wrong with the Thuren bar, I'm really happy with mine. DT makes a nice bar, but it costs a little more. DT has changed the failure prone heim on the frame end with a big uniball, so it should last a lot longer than the previous model. My least favorite is the 03 TBK, the factory track bar uses rubber bushings. I'm hearing more and more cases of the 3rd gen track bar going bad when the rubber bushings get soft....
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM

Thurenbar...and swaybar bushings..AUSTIN TX

Thanks Cowhand, I am also skeptical of the 03 TKBar and do not want to pay the higher dollar plus buy another bracket just to mount it. I don't put a lot of stock in rubber bushings either. Can't wait to get my front axle aligned better with the adjustable TKbar!

Now I need to find a good price on my RH tie rod connecting link and find a good bushing kit for the swaybar and a good Dodge 4x4 alignment shop here in Austin area...I hope others in this area will post references!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Yall got a link for that Thurenfab track bar. Mines shot and I need to start saving up for an uprade.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel4x4
Yall got a link for that Thurenfab track bar. Mines shot and I need to start saving up for an uprade.

http://thurenfabrication.com/trackbar.html
Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Banned

Thuren makes a great track bar. Only problem I have with it is you have to weld it to make it work. Now that's cool, but if you need something that day and don't have access to a welder then that can be a problem. That's why I like the DT track bar. It's a bolt in job and you have the bracket welded on later. That way you can have your truck back on the road that day.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:16 PM

try this-www.solidsteel.biz-the best steering mods out.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Thuren makes a great track bar. Only problem I have with it is you have to weld it to make it work. Now that's cool, but if you need something that day and don't have access to a welder then that can be a problem.

The track bar from Thuren for stock to 3" of lift is a bolt in unit, bolts right into the factory holes.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Banned

True. But for anyone looking at the 4"+ kit, it needs to be welded on. Sorry. Guess I should have stated that earlier.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:29 PM

DTbar...

Thanks for the advice and site!.....I didn't want to have to buy the bracket + bar to upgrade from 2000 to an 03 and also am really really skeptical of the rubber bushings this bar utilizes! I have worn 2 rubber bushings out on my OEM trackbar already!

I have heard of some failures on the "failproof" OEM trackbar from Mopar..I would assume from the rubber bushings...!?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodge Demon
try this: www.solidsteel.biz --the best steering mods out.

THIS^^ is the correct website. The oft-confused weblink of www.solidsteel.ca takes you to the site of Windecker Machine, a company started when a former business partner took Darrin Tessier's steering stabilizer idea and went into business selling them when there was a falling out.

In all fairness, I don't know the details and I don't want to spread gossip. But I also won't buy from someone who is apparently attempting to profit in an underhanded fashion.

jmo
Old 10-04-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh, and I LOVE my DT-bar, even with the "failure prone" Heim on the end. NO problems yet-- but I don't thrash my truck.

If I were buying new, Thuren and DT are the short list of track bar options.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Oh, and I LOVE my DT-bar, even with the "failure prone" Heim on the end. NO problems yet-- but I don't thrash my truck.

If I were buying new, Thuren and DT are the short list of track bar options.

Justin, call DT when the heim goes out.....David has a bigger uniball replacement for it. Don't know what he gets for it, but it should outlast the heim.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by whazzup
The track bar from Thuren for stock to 3" of lift is a bolt in unit, bolts right into the factory holes.
Thats the exact one I have. It works Great! So far it has held up to alot.