Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

towing - sps 62 with smarty/mach6's

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may try to start it up before i swap ecms. But ill still have to switch them becase Dad's SO truck wont run on a HO pump
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM
The Guru

I wonder if you'll get the defueling issue that plague's us auto boys. It would be interesting to see what codes your ecm will throw as you don't have a tranny computer. A neat project.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:41 AM

Who says they arnt interchangeable?? Ill letcha know how it goes here just as soon as i get on the dyno.
Well how did it go?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:19 AM

yea , how did it go?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

chris never called me so i never got on the dyno ill try to get ahold of him and see when we're going over there
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
The Guru

Blackdiesel, I would it a shot using the SO pump and a HO computer? Maybe you've already tried it.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
chris never called me so i never got on the dyno ill try to get ahold of him and see when we're going over there
If he would ever call me back we'd go over there, I thought he'd be at the track friday night but he didn't show. I really wanna go to see what I'm putting down cause I ran my fastest time friday night . I'm finally gettin this thing running half way decent.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 AM

Wink

errr...... your kidding right? 32k was just the trailer and load. LOL if you think thats a big load, you obviously havnt seen my pics!

try this one

hows that one? There the trailer and load weigh approx 40k. (yes, 20 ton) plus the truck which weights 8k = 48,000lbs.

How do i control a load that big?? easy. Plan your stops, drive like a sane person and use the exhaust brake!

And when i tow is never under 20k.
dont no about that trailer but my 40 ftr has electric over hyd.disk also helps stop em buy the way nice load of hay
Old 10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

Blackdiesel must live way out in the country. I have trouble clearing overpasses and stop lights with stacked only 2 high.
pic in gallery.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kipo
Blackdiesel must live way out in the country. I have trouble clearing overpasses and stop lights with stacked only 2 high.
pic in gallery.
Is there anywhere else to live? thank God I'm a country boy! (John Denver)
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Well the weekend is comming up...Will we get a chance to see how the SO-VP/ECM works out this weekend?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:52 PM

Is there anywhere else to live? thank God I'm a country boy! (John Denver)
AGREED!!!!! cuz a country boy can survive.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by trailrydr9
Well the weekend is comming up...Will we get a chance to see how the SO-VP/ECM works out this weekend?
LOL if you can talk chris into getting ahold of kale so i can run her on the dyno!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
RJF

Originally Posted by DL1221
Pulling 32k, that's 16 tons, holly cow!
This is combined truck, trailer, and load; or just the trailer and load?
Isn't the maximum combined weight for these trucks about 20k, truck and trailer? How do you control a load that big, how do you stop?
What black diesel does is flat crazy. There is no doubt about it that that is way too much trailer and weight for a pickup, even thats too much for an F450-550 chassis. BUT.... if a guy babies everything just right it obviously can be done, and I don't doubt his driving and towing experience.

The two drawbacks of towing over double your legal limit is that a decent highway patrol officer without his head up his butt should be able to spot that not being right, drag him to a weight station, and promptly give him a shoffered ride and tour at the local jail.

Also, like it or not it's probably having a longevity effect on his drivetrain. Sure...5600's, D80's, and 1410 u-joints are stout pieces. BUT, they are stout pieces when they are around or just MODERATELY overloaded, and 1K of torque feeding all of that stuff doesn't help.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJF
What black diesel does is flat crazy. There is no doubt about it that that is way too much trailer and weight for a pickup, even thats too much for an F450-550 chassis. BUT.... if a guy babies everything just right it obviously can be done, and I don't doubt his driving and towing experience.

The two drawbacks of towing over double your legal limit is that a decent highway patrol officer without his head up his butt should be able to spot that not being right, drag him to a weight station, and promptly give him a shoffered ride and tour at the local jail.

Also, like it or not it's probably having a longevity effect on his drivetrain. Sure...5600's, D80's, and 1410 u-joints are stout pieces. BUT, they are stout pieces when they are around or just MODERATELY overloaded, and 1K of torque feeding all of that stuff doesn't help.
Now, nobody stays in the legal GVW limits. Thats 8k truck plus a 8k trailer and FOUR bales of hay. No farmer around here does that.

If you read when I first posted that pix ( along time ago), then you know i loaded that about 10 miles from home and pulled it to the barn just to shut up some ford guys. My normal load on that trailer is 22 - 23 bales

Quick Reply: towing - sps 62 with smarty/mach6's