Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

towing setups...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie8301
blackdiesel02

how tall is that load?

Randy
the bales are 5' high so thats about 12'-13' and the trailer is about 3 1/2' off the ground so 16ish feet high. didnt measure it but im sure glad i didnt have to pass under any overhead wires
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, sounds like some don't think you can tow with bigger injectors. Well I can tell you this, when I had the BD 155 hp injectors with the BD twins, I could tow my 15,000 lb gooseneck...:

with absolutely NO issues. I never saw anything over 1250 in EGT's. Now can I do this with the Mach 6's? I can't answer that yet, I haven't towed with them yet but I have no egt issues at all empty. What I can tell you is that they run really smooth, quiet, and with very little smoke until you want them to. They have a lot more power than the 155 hp injectors so I believe the HO pump can handle a little more than 150 hp inj. Am I getting all of the potential out of these injectors?....dunno, guess I'll find out after I get an HRVP. Now I can also say I have never had any egt issues with any box, inj, or turbo combo so far. Maybe it's my 6 speed spooling the turbo, maybe it's the .410 gears keeping the turbo cooling, maybe this truck is just good a keeping cool.....I don't know....there is plenty this truck is not good at so I guess I need a break somewhere. What I'm saying is I don't know if BD twins and 150 hp injectors will translate into low egt's in every truck, I just know it does with mine. I do honestly expect to be able to tow with the Mach 6's with what I'm seeing so far. Seem to be awesome injectors. Maybe my HO pump isn't letting enough fuel flow to cause egt issues? I'll try and update next time I tow as to if I have egts issues or if I have none while towing with the M6's. I've only had them in since last Wednesday.