Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

torque convertors 94-02 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torque convertors 94-02 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys are the torque covertors in second gens all the same 47rh and 47re ?????????? i want to run about 300-350 hp with a 4000rpm spring do i need a triple disk for this ?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 PM

Suncoast converters & trans

Best to go with full billet trans triple disc and billet flex plate, because you wont stop on increasing the power!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be careful!!
Triple discs love to snap stock input shafts!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM

so what your saying is i am going to have to spend atleast 4000 in parts to build my trany is what your saying , are the torque convertors the same ???

i am going to build the trany myself , i have built many 727's for racing and know were to drill holes for better oillin and so on and so forth , so one of these sholud be easy other then the thousands in parts i will have to put into it ,
as far as making more power 350 is the top on this truck is my other one that the sky is the limit ,
Old 07-31-2009, 07:58 PM

Yes, torque converter is the same for 47RH and 47RE. With a good tranny, a tight single disc torque converter and modified valvebody be plenty for that power level, but the valvebody needs to be modded in such a way that is gives you low throttle and low rpm high pressures to work. Otherwise a triple disc will work.

A racing 727, and a diesel 47RH/E, are no where near the same, and the valvebody mods won't be the same either. Two completely different operating ranges, plus the lockup in the 4 speed.

You don't need a fully built trans by any means, but you do need to talk to a good tranny shop, decide which TC is right for you, and go from there.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 AM

a 727 is different , but i have had both apart they come apart the same way no special tools needed , will ones i don't have anyways , i no the line pressures are very different but as far as doing clutchs and band and checking things they are the same ,the 4 speed and lock up is just more pats inside. my trany work just fine and i want to keep it that way too i was thinking of buying a valve body for the truck at the same time i buy the convertor that way it will go with the convertor

thank you for answering my question

A racing 727, and a diesel 47RH/E, are no where near the same, and the valvebody mods won't be the same either. Two completely different operating ranges, plus the lockup in the 4 speed.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 AM

If it helps A&C in Edmonton, likely can build you a TC and maybe sell you a modified valvebody.
They do good work, and stand by their Work. I've been running his tranny for the last 2yrs (might be longer) and its all stop and go city driving 8hrs daily. so mine sees 4 or 5 times the abuse a normal person would do.
If I recall correctly I spent under 2000$ for cash and carry (I installed it) it has a trans go shift kit and a billet T/C and what ever other updates they do. its seen lost of abuse and if it blew up tomorrow, I'd go get another from them. I dont know what hp level I'm at for the first 1.5 yrs I only had an EZ and 80hp injectors, in Nov08 I upgraded to J/A and I daily drive on level5.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're not buying a complete transmission, I think it is a waste to buy an off the shelf performance valvebody. You might as well shell out 110 bucks for a transgo shift kit and create your own off-the-shelf performance valve body.

If you talk to a tranny builder like Goerend or HTS or Garmon and tell them how you want it to shift and what parts your gonna use, then it might be worth it to buy a custom valvebody from them that's setup for your specific use.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:23 AM

well i am going to buy the coverter and the valve body as a set at the same time , that way they can play with it for me . i know were there is a ddt trany out of a 1999 that has a cracked case , but the valve body won't work for me , so i think i will just buy new stuff , i would love to buy a whole trany but 4500 bucks is alot of money when this one is not that old , so i think converter and valve body it will be ,
Old 08-02-2009, 04:26 PM

does anyone know someone between omaha nebraska to st joe missouri that can build a good diesel tranny my truck. It has been to aamco transmission shop twice the first time right after i bought it (like straight from dealer to aamco tranny shop) i spent $1600 the first time. Four months later took it to St Joe Diesel and had fass, smarty, and gauges (boost,tranny temp, and pyro) put on it during the winter . Two months after tranny started heating up and got hot a couple times (200+) and tranny went out so back to ammco transmission shop they told me the transmission sender unit was plugged into the wrong port or that it was screwed into deep not allowing a servo to open so they took it out. They fixed it again but it doesnt feel right it feels like it doesnt shift fast enough or lock into any of the lower gears, but once you get it to drive and overdrive it huals *** that cost me another 1100. I like to find someone that can fix the high bad lower gear acceration and hook up the tranny temp sender the right way