Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Torque Converters????

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Converters????

I think that my Torque converter is going out, how do I know when I need to replace it, and what should I go with, I have a #10 Plate in and 4" exhaust, and a few other mods very minor, could use a little help, tight budget, but need something that I won't have to replace in a couple of years..Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonnysDodge
I think that my Torque converter is going out, how do I know when I need to replace it....
when my tranny kicked the bucket whenever the converter would lock it would shudder and feel like you were going over speed ripples... also if i made a pass on the street it would rev to 3k and stay there even though it was shifting through the gears....

Originally Posted by JonnysDodge
I need something that I won't have to replace in a couple of years..Thanks in advance.

Goerend Brothers Transmissions you can get their converter from www.puredieselpower.com it's expensive compaired to a gas burner's converter but Dave's has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!! i LOVE mine
Old 10-04-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No matter how you cut it, if you are going to do it somewhat right you are going to be parting ways with some cash. My first convertor shuddered, my next one simply slipped when leaning into the go pedal pulling a grade with the race rig in tow.......NOW it runs like a freight train no fuss, no muss (thanks Dave G!).
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save up your money and do it right if you plan on BOMBing your truck. My truck is going to Jeff Garmon next tuesday for a Suncoast converter, extreme duty rebuild kit either a Billet input shaft or flexplate, hopefully I'll have enough cash for both.

Do it right the first time and you'll be glad to did. Everyone that I've talked to that has had their tranny rebuilt by one of the top tranny companies have said that the tranny was the best mod they had done. Good Luck!