Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Thuren track bar.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thuren track bar.

Got the track bar installed over this past weekend. Man! what a nice piece of metal... Don does a awesome job building these track bars. On the drive home I was all smiles. I was thinking to myself, so this is how the truck drove brand new.

The only problem I'm having is trying to break myself from the habit of wanting to saw back on fourth on the wheel..
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep an eye on your front diff cover. Mine hit a couple of times till I got the angle figured out just right. Now it rubs every once in a while on the frame mount but is pretty well clearenced itself. Mine is really tight fitting. Did you have to drill the frame mount out? Mine was off by a few thousanths. Quick fix.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned

i still need either a DSS or a steering shaft because even with my thuren track bar i have a boat load of play.

i finally got the popping and bumping to stop tho, when i eventually get new tires i will get a good front end alignment done as well.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Chapter President

We didn't have to drill anything out. Don mentioned the diff cover issue, but it's more of a concern for later models 01 and up.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 PM

were did you get ur track bar and how much
Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Got the track bar installed over this past weekend. Man! what a nice piece of metal... Don does a awesome job building these track bars. On the drive home I was all smiles. I was thinking to myself, so this is how the truck drove brand new.

The only problem I'm having is trying to break myself from the habit of wanting to saw back on fourth on the wheel..
Do the x-over steering.....it gets even better
Old 02-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by singleturnout
were did you get ur track bar and how much
I got it from Thuren Fabrication, prices are listed on his web-site. Call Don, he's a easy going guy who will answer all your questions.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Do the x-over steering.....it gets even better
I talked with Don about some of his other stuff. I'm not quit there yet, but I hear rumor he's going to come out with full on setup, kinda like a Kore system.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 PM

They say it usually is an issue with the late model 2nd gen but I had a finicky time on the 95. If the main shaft spun even a 1/16" she was bumping the diff or the bracket. Once I got her just right there hasnt been a problem since. I have loved it since the install. I think it is the best way to go.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 PM

I have yet to read a negative post about Don's products. I too was all smiles when I installed mine...shoot I'm still all smiles.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:05 PM

I know that will be the one i go with next, Don seems like he knows his stuff.

have yet to read a negative post about Don's products. I too was all smiles when I installed mine...shoot I'm still all smiles.
I know of one guy who posted bad about Don's stuff over at PS.com. I guss Don built him some custom stuff for this guys 1/2 ton with like 14in of susp lift. The guy ran into some major probs. For one i think the guy gave him some wrong muesurements, kinda hard to buld custom stuff over the phone. And after this Don was doing everything he could to hold up on his end. I think the guy just wanted something to cry about. But Don does stand behind his product, does good work, and will help you to the end. Chris
Old 02-27-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by SmokenRam
I know that will be the one i go with next, Don seems like he knows his stuff.

I know of one guy who posted bad about Don's stuff over at PS.com. I guss Don built him some custom stuff for this guys 1/2 ton with like 14in of susp lift. The guy ran into some major probs. For one i think the guy gave him some wrong muesurements, kinda hard to buld custom stuff over the phone. And after this Don was doing everything he could to hold up on his end. I think the guy just wanted something to cry about. But Don does stand behind his product, does good work, and will help you to the end. Chris
That idiot has tried to pull the same thing with a couple other vendors. I've heard he's gotten refunds and then never sent the product back.

The bottom line was Don told him where to measure and the guy screwed it up anyway by insisting on changing the bends in his drag link.

Hopefully Don will get my rear shock mounts done before he starts on his full blown system....