Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Thuren Steering Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thuren Steering Stabilizer

Long story short, I experienced the dreaded death wobble on a 500 mile round trip over the weekend. I knew my trackbar was getting loose, but it really went this weekend. The frame side bushing is pretty much gone and it has at least 1/2 inch play.
Well, I am ordering the trackbar from Thuren, but I also need a new steering dampener. I want to go with the one from Thuren, but I still have the stock tie rods and all that good stuff. Has anybody put his setup on the stock 97 steering? It seems like there won't be enough room for it. Don will probably pipe in, as I am awaiting a reply from him, but I am one to need more opinions from other owners. I would love to go with his crossover package, but funds only allow so much, and I need to get a new steering box within the next month or so and I am leaning towards a PSC box.

I already have the DSS from solid steel and I love it. It really made a big difference when I put it on.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 AM

Im not sure about the steering but I have the trackbar, That thing is built like a dang tank! Its perfect for how heavy these trucks are. Youll love it.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Thuren Steering Stabilizer customer service GREAT!!

Been in contact with Don and I am going to send him some measurements on the stock unit and he said he can build an offset clamp that should clear everything. This is a testament to the great customer service I have heard so much about on this site. I will post pics when I get it installed.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Does Thuren have a website? My truck is low miles now but for down the road, I'd like to know what to do/look for. I've heard about the steering stabilizer from Rip over at Source Automotive...he also talked about some bushings that tend to give way with time...plus some bracket that apgrades the track bar for my '01 to that of an '03 and newer...does Thuren sell that stuff also? What do you guys know about this? My truck is stock height and will probably stay as it is, no leveling kit or lift or anything like that planned for the future.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 AM

Don has a website: http://www.thurenfabrication.com/