Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

For those of you who have installed a Transgo Shift Kit in the 47RE...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who have installed a Transgo Shift Kit in the 47RE...

Does this kit look complete to you? Looks like it's missing some springs, but I'm not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9920122&rd=1,1

Or is this new, updated version worth the extra money?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1077203&rd=1,1
Old 04-06-2007, 04:46 AM

The first one (TFOD-Diesel) is the one I used to have in mine. Great kit for the money. Im pretty sure it shows everything that came with mine, so I dont think its missing anything I dont have any experience with the second one though

Eric
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM

Go for the second one. There will be less drilling which means you will not need a special set of drill bits (they ask for some odd ball sizes). It looks to me as though all the springs are there and I have put quite a few of those bad boys in...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the responses!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM

i have first one and it came with the drill bits... put it in 3 weeks ago
Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jplasse
i have first one and it came with the drill bits... put it in 3 weeks ago
You mean you bought it from the same seller and he sent you the drill bits?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 PM

The first one is the advanced kit and the second is called a reprogram kit because it comes with the pre-drilled separator plate, i would recommend the first one if you can follow directions then you'll have no problems. one bit of advice for the first one if you decide to drill your separator plate ignore the hole size guide and just go big with it. And to answer the drill bit ? the bits come in the kit but they are too small for drilling the separator plate, so just have a drill bit set handy.

Trending Topics

Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by chop342
The first one is the advanced kit and the second is called a reprogram kit because it comes with the pre-drilled separator plate, i would recommend the first one if you can follow directions then you'll have no problems. one bit of advice for the first one if you decide to drill your separator plate ignore the hole size guide and just go big with it. And to answer the drill bit ? the bits come in the kit but they are too small for drilling the separator plate, so just have a drill bit set handy.
What happens if I don't drill the separator plate? Just shifts softer? If it shifts too hard, wouldn't that damage something?

Do you recommend I drill it or not?

I was leaning towards the second one but now you got me thinking. I called Transgo about this, and the guy told me that the second one is the same as the first one except it's the "new version." Basically, they discontinued the first one and now only make the second one.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Anyway, it's friday night so I'm in no hurry to order. Heck, I think I'll just go with the first one. Sounds like it's basically the same thing and costs half as much. Unless anyone thinks otherwise...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Yes you can go with the second one i usually get a new separator plate anyway to start with, but you definitely want to drill it, that gets you higher and faster flow and increases shift firmness. PM me if you decide what you are gonna do and i can give you a few pointers on some things the instructions leave out. also how is the truck used?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:09 PM

I don't tow. I have a #10 plate and gsk. I just wanted to add the shift kit to prolong my tranny's life with the mods. Plus, I'm hoping it'll make the drivability better.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 PM

The valve body will help your trans the most possible, with a few mods to the instructions. The biggest downfall of your trans will still be the stock slushbox of a converter that the stock trans use. The shift kit and valve body mods are still the best thing for the money though.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by chop342
The valve body will help your trans the most possible, with a few mods to the instructions. The biggest downfall of your trans will still be the stock slushbox of a converter that the stock trans use. The shift kit and valve body mods are still the best thing for the money though.
Good to hear. Well I went ahead and bought "the first one." Should be coming in the mail soon. Next thing I'll be looking into getting is a better TC, but not for a while. Gotta fix death wobble before that.

Thanks for everyone's input!