Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Those using a DTT TC and VB...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
From what I understand you should keep it under 10psi for stock shafts. If you do this enough racing, you will break shaft at some point. You can go that way, but you'll have to take the trans out twice whether you are paying someone to do it or doing it yourself. Either way, it won't be much fun doing it twice.

That and depending on what shaft breaks depends on what it takes out. I believe that if the input shaft breaks it could take the pump out with it, if the intermediate shaft breaks it'll take out ????. However if the output shaft breaks it usually doesn't break anything with it, and you can change it with the tranny in the truck.

So with that I believe that many people just go with a billet input shaft and keep the stock ouput shaft. I also thought I heard that DTT does not make an intermediate shaft anymore, except for custom orders, as they have not seen many break.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by apwatson50
That and depending on what shaft breaks depends on what it takes out. I believe that if the input shaft breaks it could take the pump out with it, if the intermediate shaft breaks it'll take out ????. However if the output shaft breaks it usually doesn't break anything with it, and you can change it with the tranny in the truck.

So with that I believe that many people just go with a billet input shaft and keep the stock ouput shaft. I also thought I heard that DTT does not make an intermediate shaft anymore, except for custom orders, as they have not seen many break.
ok thanks... that is VERY informative!

now what is the way to go?:

Input shaft, VB and TC? or did i miss something?

at what price am i looking for those 3, going DTT?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goerend brothers

these guys are only like 40 miles away from me. i have had a few transmissions done by them. and they are awesome. they are very knowledgable in what they do. i have never had any problems with anything they have done. and also they offer a couple different warrenty plans on some of there trannys.

they also have an in-house dyno they put all there trannys one to test everything out before u even put it in your vehicle.

later