Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

to those running the adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DODGE DIESEL HTT 62/71/14 J LENT awesome sounds like this is what I'll be running hope they are not off the charts in comparison to the machs $$$. I'm going to try and look them up right now. Question, is the afe stage two worth the extra money over the stage one with a torque tube? Thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked II website & they are listed now. http://www.industrialinjection.com/m...njectors .They are called Dragon flys. When I ordered my set , they were listed as 125-150hp. I don't know what is going on here, but they are now listed as 50-100hp. Brady will make you a set custom order to your truck.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned

Have you guys heard anything about this new ATS turbo that has a trap door in it? From what I hear it is suppose to be like twins. The trap door is shut making the housing small for fast spoolup, once it hits so many pounds of boost, the trap door opens to make a bigger housing which cools you down. Sounds neat!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by csrosenberry
DODGE DIESEL HTT 62/71/14 J LENT awesome sounds like this is what I'll be running hope they are not off the charts in comparison to the machs $$$. I'm going to try and look them up right now. Question, is the afe stage two worth the extra money over the stage one with a torque tube? Thanks
Don't waste your time with the torque tube. Go stage 1 and use the stock tube. I ran the torque tube and all it did was make the turbo louder.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Have you guys heard anything about this new ATS turbo that has a trap door in it? From what I hear it is suppose to be like twins. The trap door is shut making the housing small for fast spoolup, once it hits so many pounds of boost, the trap door opens to make a bigger housing which cools you down. Sounds neat!
WOW...now I'd be interested in that turbo...'course it'll cost about a gazillion bucks!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
WOW...now I'd be interested in that turbo...'course it'll cost about a gazillion bucks!!!
I'm surprised that noone is talking about it yet, I can't wait to hear about how it works.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:56 PM

i know that they had a prototype of this turbo out a few years ago but didt know that the production one was out . i got to talk to a guy that drove a third gen with one on it and said it was snappy even more than his twin turbo truck. that was set up almost the same other than the turbos.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Would this be the one or just another version of an adjustable wastegate???

Aurora MST
The Aurora MST (Multi Stage Turbo) is the latest innovation from ATS. As wasted exhaustenergy from the engine enters the turbine section of the turbo, the exhaust flow is diverted into only one volute section by a variable valve. This allows quick spool up of the turbo at low
speeds. As the variable valve opens for increased air flow, the exhaust is opened to both volute sections of the turbo, allowing the engine to " breath." This reduction in exhaust pressure increases engine efficiency, reduces exhaust temperatures, and increases economy. Now you have that "big turbo" performance with small turbo spool up. A key element of proper turbo sizing is the delicate balance between exhaust pressure and intake boost pressure. The innovative design of the Aurora MST automatically balances the pressures, optimizing turbo efficiency and response.

The response of the variable valve can be adjusted by using the adjustment screw to dial it in for your unique engine configuration. We have also engineered into the design an internal wastegate to protect from an overboost condition. The wastegate can also be adjusted for the exact max boost level desired.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 PM

J Lent looks like I need to know what the quad alone puts down. If the 180rwhp is true than I guesstimate that with the truck stock putting again guesstimate to the ground two hundred horse than I would only need an injector that could put at the wheels 125hp and with the added air should produce 500hp. Lotero thinks I would be at 550 with the mach 4s and they are rated for 150 but what they put to the wheels I don't know. If they were to put down 150 than a smaller set by 25-50hp would put me at or near 500hp I could tell brady that I need something to put down 125hp and theoreticaly I would be able to produce 500. Help with the real world math 200 stock +180 quad, an injector that puts 100 hp down = 480 plus a hopefull 30hp gain with mods and turbo together.= 510hp Sound alright or way off. If the quad is less than that, what do I need an injector that can put down 125 or 150?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

I had a set of Dragon flow 4 flows, a HTB2 62/12 & a Edge comp when I dynoed last year.
1. The Dragon flow 4 flows are rated at 100hp [yeah right]
2. Edge comp says 120hp [not drag]

If you add this up my truck stock got what? 180hp at the rear wheels?

Stock truck hp 180hp
Dragons 100hp [according to the II site]
Edge comp +120hp = 400hp

Add in air flow improvements & I dynoed 476hp/ 936lbft. II definately is very moddest when rating their injectors.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 PM

Y'all gotta remember these gains are not all in aggregate...nor are some of the claims made by some manufacturers but this box (Adrenaline) is everything advertised!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Y'all gotta remember these gains are not all in aggregate...nor are some of the claims made by some manufacturers but this box (Adrenaline) is everything advertised!!!
Gotcha, I was just letting him know that the II sticks are under rated.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:49 AM

So In the big scheme of things I could buy the dragon flys and run this adrenaline with the airflow neccesary and I could have a realistic and possible goal of 500hp. And if I end up just under isn't there going to be some competition files that might have a few more ponies to offer. J Lent do you think that the numbers advertised for the dragon flys is based off the SO motors I have heard the the HOs respond a lot more to the fueling rather than the boxes. In comparison to the SO motors. And even if I do these things and they are indeed possible and i'm still not there I suppose I could sell the injectors get the next size up and only be in the hole a couple hundred dollars. But then again if I'm close have good reliable power and it tows good maybe I would just learn to settle for less for the time being until this bug bite swells up again. So I think I'll tell Andy? what my goal is and see what he says and go from there. Thanks Chris
Old 12-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

I know that you would have a 500hp truck with this setup, but I am just giving you advice here...not twisting your arm. The ultimate decision is yours & we all are just little monkeys telling you where we found good bananas. I got that one from Grandma....can't believe I said that. Good Luck with your decision.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:36 PM

Sounds good totally understandable. I think that I know what I'm going to do just dont know about my head gasket holding the new boost pressure. I've been told by many that the stock one would hold 45psi if I did the arps with great odds. I hope it works dont have the money to do all that O rings gasket and head work right now.

Quick Reply: to those running the adrenaline