Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

to those running the adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J Lent you said you had 4flows but there was some confusion in the rating. Seller said 150 and II said 125 so what does this mean? They are 150s that put down 125 or are they special 4 flows that make a little less than the advertised of 150. I would really like to match your setup this last post is exactly what I was looking for. So pl01 acts as the fuel saver and pl02 acts like the 65hp and 200ft lb. If so do you notice any better milage on the freeway with the fuel saver mode on? Man I can't wait to do all this I can't belive all the power that your truck will produce and still tow so well. One last question what hp and torque do you think that you are making when running the pl02 setting. My goal of making 350-400 with safe egts sounds so believable with this setup. Thanks agian. Chris
Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had a discussion on here last week or so about spoolup with the HTT 62/71/14 & gear ratios. My truck has 4.10 gears & a few members were running 3.55 & saying that they were getting slower spoolup. You may want to research this before you purchase. Personally I believe that the 6 speed should make up for the difference in gearing & make your rig better yet for towing because your gearing doesn't have a huge gap like mine between 3-4th gear. PL01 is the fuel saver & PL02 is what you stated. I'd say that it is around 425hp on that setting with my mods, but not sure.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:59 AM

I think I can live with that. I do have the six speed, I don't tow that often and Its only 8k that I pull. And I will even consider running a smaller tire if need be next go around. But I will still try to find the thread you are talking about. Do you notice any better milage using the fuel saver setting? And can you help me clarify what exact injectors you have? Just trying to avoid getting to hot. You've said the 4s from mach would be hot lotero also thinks that and jroland has them and says there a little hot with this combo and another opinion on them said I would just really have to watch the guage. Would rather be a few hp short if it means I will have a more driveable truck. This is my toy/worktruck/commuter/hauler/tow rig/wheeler/vehichle That I just love to drive. So any advice from others please let me know, Brand that would run cooler or opinions on running a smaller injector. Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 AM

i think where people are saying the 4s are hot is with the box turned up, if you have the box turned up and tow, with that combo, you will get hot. i dont have the first hand knowledge (i also have an auto) but you should be perfectly fine with the 4s and on setting 1 or 2 while towing. as for the settings on the box, if you load a defueling file it will defuel on all levels from 1-10 so in order for you to run a defueling file for towing you have to deal with the defueling for when you disconnect the trailer or find a computer. this all sounds like the defueling is a really bad thing, it is not, the truck still pulls hard, you will see when you drive it.

one of the nicest thing about the adrenaline is you can computer update it in about a minute. i know you said you dont have computer access but this is just an FYI for anyone following this. in my case i have a laptop and keep all my files on there as well as on my flash drive, its so cool to shut the truck off plug it in, update it and be back on the road with a completely different truck in a matter of minutes. in the case of a flash drive you dont need to carry a computer, just find one and plug the flash drive in and change the box that way
Old 12-20-2007, 11:56 AM

Are we able to update the Adrenaline with Windows Vista yet??? Csrosenberry, I have Mach 4's and can tow with my box on 1 but no more, that's it. Depends on your turbo too. I pretty much gave up on my truck for towing and it's for play now. BD twins are relativly cheap vs a single charger. That's a route you might want to go because I see your going to stud your head. Throw some o-rings and a set of BD twins and you'll never have to worry about your EGT's again, towing or racing. If I had to do it again, it would be twins all the way. Just my $.02...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Are we able to update the Adrenaline with Windows Vista yet??? Csrosenberry, I have Mach 4's and can tow with my box on 1 but no more, that's it. Depends on your turbo too. I pretty much gave up on my truck for towing and it's for play now. BD twins are relativly cheap vs a single charger. That's a route you might want to go because I see your going to stud your head. Throw some o-rings and a set of BD twins and you'll never have to worry about your EGT's again, towing or racing. If I had to do it again, it would be twins all the way. Just my $.02...
Sounds like the voice of experience. Probably pretty good advice and cheaper in the long run too. BIG difference in air requirements between towing vs running around empty.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM

You can say that again!!! I have spent too much money trying different things(says my wife). I wish I would have just went with twins for the extra $1500.00 and could have been done from the start. Oh, well, it's been a hoot trying this and that. Still am 100% happy with my HTT 62/71/13 SS, don't get me wrong. Thank god the Adrenaline is such a great price, I got to sneak that one through!!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM

i ended up having my computer reformatted to xp.. less problems
Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by csrosenberry
I think I can live with that. I do have the six speed, I don't tow that often and Its only 8k that I pull. And I will even consider running a smaller tire if need be next go around. But I will still try to find the thread you are talking about. Do you notice any better milage using the fuel saver setting? And can you help me clarify what exact injectors you have? Just trying to avoid getting to hot. You've said the 4s from mach would be hot lotero also thinks that and jroland has them and says there a little hot with this combo and another opinion on them said I would just really have to watch the guage. Would rather be a few hp short if it means I will have a more driveable truck. This is my toy/worktruck/commuter/hauler/tow rig/wheeler/vehichle That I just love to drive. So any advice from others please let me know, Brand that would run cooler or opinions on running a smaller injector. Thanks
Most guy think that more fuel always equals more power. This is not true if you don't have the air to support it. I ran some Dragon flow 10 holes with the HTT 62/71/14 & they were really smokey, too much for towing but I loved the power. One day I had to haul a Ford 7700 back from a auction & going through Washington,Pa. I smoked out the town so bad that I called II & told Brady to send me out a smaller injector. He sent me the 4 flows & I installed them as soon as I got them. I told my friend "well here goes a power loss". After install I took the truck for a ride & couldn't believe what had happened. I had no smoke without my box & dropped egts by 250-300* while towing, but the truck felt the same as before power wise. The spray angles of the injector is what makes power & Brady hit a homerun with the 4 flows. If you decide to get the 4 flows, Call Doug at Advanced Diesel Technology & tell him to get you a set of 4 flows from Industrial Injection...They are special order injectors, but he may have a set on stock.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 PM

just a little experience here on this subject.......i tow a 31 ft 5th wheel. i HAD a SPS 62/14. i now have a PS 62/14. both times with the M4's. i switched turbos because of egt's while towing. with the SPS my egt's were always around 1200-1250 cruising down the road. now with the PS my egt's are 1100. for me the PS, which has the lighter wheel, does better for towing. i feel like it works harder with less fuel. the SPS would pull me up a hill like no tomorrow but i only climbed a hill maybe 5% of the time. dont get me wrong, the SPS was a fun turbo for climbing a hill with the trailer and WOT runs. but that is probably 2% of my driving. i hope this helps you out.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Thanks for all the opinions. DODGE DIESEL what gears are you running and what size tire are you running, and how heavy is your trailer? I will only be towing 8k lbs. I know the twins would be nice but I willl not be able to afford that with the budget i'm working with. I love the power bug that has bitten me but in my opinion its not worth having debt. LOTERO Thanks for the input I guess thats a good thing I don't really want it to run super hot at any point so thats not bad considering it won't fall on its face. It will pull hard and just defuel so that it doesn't get to hot. How does the defuel work again off egts. and boost? Is quad still working on a defuel based on fuel pressure or was that just a suggestion? That would be so nice to not have to worry about when trying to go that fast dunes or street I tend to watch where i'm going more than my fuel gauge, because it is located in the cubby hole next to the stereo. Not as easy to glance at like the pillar mounted guages. J LENT thats great what is the HP rating and how much is the special order going to cost me? MOULES How heavy is your trailer mine is only 8k as stated above? I would think a 31ft fifth wheel would weigh more and have more wind resistance than my 26' tow behind. Its not super tall. Again I would just like to say thanks! I am trying to learn through others experiences so that I to can have an awesome truck. My thoughts on all this so far, depending on what answers come back sounds like I should go with the 4 flows. Good clean power. Seems like alot of people feel like mach 4s would be a hot tow setup. Other similar posts based of mach 4s seem to agree with you guys. Thanks Chris
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Csrosenberry, I have 392 gears with my 6 speed, 295/75/R16 BFG's and with my 80 Powerwagon on 40's with all the offroad goodies, I'm at about 9000 lbs. Hope this helps you out somewhat. This is towing around May Long Weekend up here in Canada. You got bit by the bug but it's a good bug!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:58 PM

DODGE DIESEL So do you think I should go with smaller injectors or go with J Lents 4 flows? I'm running the same tires but 3.55s and a smaller load. About 1k less what do you think?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by csrosenberry
I will only be towing 8k lbs. J LENT thats great what is the HP rating and how much is the special order going to cost me? My thoughts on all this so far, depending on what answers come back sounds like I should go with the 4 flows. Good clean power.
I bought my injectors like 2 years ago, inflation has taken over the market. I don't know what they cost now, but ADT had a sale on them last month...not sure if the sale is still on or not. Only 8k# towing? A walk in the park for my setup. I'd tow 8k# with my box on kill with no worries....my trailer empty weighs 8k# Don't worry, you will be fine. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but you really have nothing to worry about. I towed 10k# skidsteer today 92 miles running the Adrenaline on PL05 & egts topped out at 1175* all day.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Mach 4's are sweet. I have no experience with the 4 Flows but I hear excellent things. Either would be a good choice and they are super easy to change if they are too hot. What turbo are you going with??

Quick Reply: to those running the adrenaline