Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

to those running the adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to those running the adrenaline

Hi my name is Chris and I am new to the club. I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY A BUG. Here is my truck 02' 2500 6spd HO 4x4, 3.55s 295/70/16 ats. I have all the necessary guages, upgraded the fuel system and am running the comp. I will have head studs, fe clutch, afe intake and a 4" exhaust to complement the rest. I have bought the adrenaline, to much good talk going around and to many features to pass up. Here is my goal, to peak at 500hp and hopefully tow in the 350-400 range. I tow 8-10 times a year so its not an everday thing. (trailer weighs up to 8k when loaded) I am an egt worry wort. I don't want to see anything over 1400* for any length of time at wot. And when towing on the big grades I dont want to be over 1200* this would be my 350-400 range and my concern is towing at cruising speeds 1650-1750 rpms. I dont want to have to down shift everytime I hit a roller on the freeway. I like to have fun on the road 50-100 mph bursts. This is where the 500 would be fun. I have talked to several guys who have helped me tremendously and would like to hear the opinions of others. Now to complete the power I think??? I will be running the HTT 62/14/71 Based on others personal experiences. And either 4flows or mach 4s also based on opinions and experience. So after all this what do you guys and gals think. I would be happy to give any more needed info to help you help me. Am I shooting for to high of numbers or am I looking for a disaster heat wise. Any combos that can be suggested to reach these numbers would be great. Cant afford twins but that I know would be the way to go. THANKS in advance for everyones time. This club really does get a lot more action than the other club I belong to Thanks for the reccomendation! Chris
Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 PM

Great first post. Welcome.

Fill out your signature line (located in User CP) with all your truck details so you won't have to repeat yourself over and over.

I think you are on the right track with the mods you wish to do, but I am no expert--Hohn will be here shortly to guide you.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 PM

I think I've got a signature now, only one way to find out
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csrosenberry
I will be running the HTT 62/14/71 Based on others personal experiences. And either 4flows Am I shooting for to high of numbers or am I looking for a disaster heat wise.
You are on the right track. I am running the HTT 62/71/14 with II 4 flows & it is a awesome setup. The Adrenaline is the shibby & I can't say enough good things about the 4 flow injectors paired up with the HTT 62/71/14. I tow 15k# with this setup through mountains of W.V. & Pa., put down 500hp+ & sled pull a few times a year. Awesome setup for sure! I wouldn't go with the M4's...little hot for the HTT 62/71/14 from what I've been told.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Chapter President

First of all welcome. You say you already bought the Adrenaline, or did you just order one, cuz there is a difference. I do not think they are available to the public yet.
Without upgraded turbo and sticks, you will see EGT's thru the roof. before I put on my turbo, I would see temps as high as 1650
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Welcome to the site you'll come to be REAL thankful for the wealth of knowledge that a lot of these guys have to offer at a very affordable price I was a little confused also on the comment that you have bought the new Quad box already unless I have went completely into the dark I thought it won't get released for about another month??
Old 12-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Little confused here too but welcome aboard. Great bunch here to help you spend your money wisely!!! Your headed in the right direction.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 PM

It is listed on Quad's site
Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Chris:

Welcome to the website!

It sounds to me like you are on the right track to get your truck to where you want it! For what it is worth, I had a 2002 Dodge CTD 24 valve, Auto,
4X4 Quad Cab up until last year. I had a TST "Competiton" "Stacked" with an Edge EZ, 125 H.P. Injectors, a Holset HX-40/16 Turbo, and a fully built ATS Tranny and my truck had 485 RWHP. With a bigger set of injectors I was able to break 500 H.P. With all that, the truck still towed real well, did not have excessive EGT's and was pretty reliable except for the fuel system.

Anyway,.......good luck to you and welcome aboard!

--------
John_P
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
BBA

I think he is saying he has put an order in for one because i think we would have found out that they were actually being sold considering were still beta testing and still working out bugs.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 PM

Yes, I have puchased one, paid the money but don't have it nor is it on the way. I am on the list to recieve one. Want to have that thing as soon as it is available to the public. Your comments on this box make it sound like it is the next best thing. Especialy if you don't want to run multiple boxes. Thanks for the advice keep it coming. Sounds to me as though most of you think that this is achieveable. Correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks Chris
Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 AM

you really are on the right track, i think mach 4s, the adrenaline and the HTT turbo you mentioned will be an excellent setup, as for the mach 4s being too hot, yes im sure they will be for towing but with lower settings on the quad box and/or the AWESOME defueling tunes for the adrenaline, you will have nothing to worry about. i made well over 500 with my setup and we are just about the same. you will be around 550 with your setup.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Very powerful set up and as for towing, you just have to be extra careful and pay close attention to those egt's. You will benifit from the standard being able to controll egt's easier. You will have pretty much the same set up as I do and with the Edge Drag Comp, it got me 570hp and 1024ft/lbs. I'm sure I'm a little higher now if I use a Quadzilla comp tune?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:53 PM

Lotero, thanks for the input! So I just want to make sure that i'm understanding you 100% A) I would be ok with the lower settings and mach 4s or B) with the 4s and lower settings + defuel I'd be ok. I understand that I will have to pay attention but i'm trying to get a setup that I can have a conversation with someone in the truck and not be glued to the gauge. Is it is possible to download a file to have a low setting with a defuel set on it to tow and then have another level set to play. Or are all levels set to defuel when running that file? I ask because I tow to the dunes and then play but don't have access to a computer while i'm there. I would like to ask for your opinions on injectors. Jlent recommends the 4 flows. Now what I have been thinking is that it seems as though I will be at or close to 500hp. Now what do you think of running a smaller injector to help while towing and mileage. Since I will be able to select on the go different levels, I could run the box on a little higher setting to make up for the power while towing. Or turn it down and just have smaller injectors for the times that heat is an issue. All input and recomendations welcome. II flows don't require a core charge thats nice does mach do that? I want this turbo (HTT 62/71/14) based on what i'm hearing its all down to sizing and brand of injector and I'll have my setup designed and then its just a matter of time of ordering and installing. Hopefully all done by mid feb. if weather and events dont get in the way. THANKS!! Chris
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Adrenaline has XZT+ settings on PL01, PL02. They don't use the wire tap, but they do defuel at 1250*. I am still running my mechanical gauge & haven't looked at egts while towing because I have no need to. I ran PL02 & I couldn't get them to 1250* towing 10k# yesterday...why look? LOL

Quick Reply: to those running the adrenaline