Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Thanks Don M.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the prices for a set of the 1.6's, I see the 1.5's but no 1.6's on Don's web site. Also, what is the price for a set of the RV275's that Don modifies? I am looking for better fuel mileage rather then big horsepower gains at this time.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by farmer dave
What are the prices for a set of the 1.6's, I see the 1.5's but no 1.6's on Don's web site. Also, what is the price for a set of the RV275's that Don modifies? I am looking for better fuel mileage rather then big horsepower gains at this time.
I believe the 1.X's all fall under the Mach 1 price level, 2.X all are Mach 2 price level and so on. To be sure, contact one of Don's resellers and they can get you pricing.

bradnon.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Buz

So it sounds like Mach 4's and my current set up will be too much. I'm not completely against going to a bigger turbo , so for now should I go with 1.6's? Obviously I'm trying to hit this whole injector thing just right. Not too big now that I can't really use my truck, but not so small that I am gonna have to go bigger in a few months. This seems like a tough call, as the $$ difference is not much - 1.6 vs. 4's. I'd just like to avoid buying 2 sets of injectors in the next few years instead of one set.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buz, with that hy35 your going to need a new turbo with any set of sticks and a comp box. I've supprised you dont already have EGT issues with the comp and hy35.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Buz

95ram, I'm going to have the tranny done next week, so with the wire tapped I mostly run 2x2, sometimes 3x2 - but I take it easy on the go peddle. No real isssue with egt yet, best I've seen is 1100 for a few seconds. But, man.. it sounds like because I've got the bug so bad that I'm gonna end up with a bigger turbo before this is over!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Buz

Let me come at this from another angle so I understand things better. If I were to go with the M4's and with the comp and my personal driving habits....say my EGT's were constantly high. If I were to turn the comp way down or simply off how would that affect the temps? With all that extra fuel are the EGT still gonna be way to high? I guess I'd like to know If I can manipulate my current set up to work with my turbo (stock) until I decided on a bigger one.
I wouldn't like to be towing something, see the temps get too high, then turn the comp off and still be porked cuz the EGT is still too much.
I know I'm beating this thread to death, but you all are some of the best info out there. Most folks here seem to speak from experience.... THANKS!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just drove for two days with ez unplugged and PM3 turned off....just Mach 4's. I was never over 8,000 lbs. but had no EGT issues at all....and NO smoke.

Just Mach 4's, with the comp off, puts you maybe 340 hp. Should not be able to get even close to 1200* on the Pyro. I remember with an EZ and Mach 1.5's and a stock turbo... at gross weight, could not get over 1150*.

Reducing HP, by reducing fuel, always reduces EGT's!

RJ
Old 07-28-2005, 09:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Buz
Let me come at this from another angle so I understand things better. If I were to go with the M4's and with the comp and my personal driving habits....say my EGT's were constantly high. If I were to turn the comp way down or simply off how would that affect the temps? With all that extra fuel are the EGT still gonna be way to high? I guess I'd like to know If I can manipulate my current set up to work with my turbo (stock) until I decided on a bigger one.
I wouldn't like to be towing something, see the temps get too high, then turn the comp off and still be porked cuz the EGT is still too much.
I know I'm beating this thread to death, but you all are some of the best info out there. Most folks here seem to speak from experience.... THANKS!
YOu will probably see lower EGT with the Comp set on 1x1 that you would with it off. The extra timing seems to help cool things down a bit.

If you still have high EGT with the 4s and the box as low as it will go, just slow down and downshift.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:01 PM

I've been waiting on a TST Comp model and I sent my Mad ecm off to be reprogrammed to a standard model so I've been driving on just injectors and my sledpuller 66 for the past several days. Wide open in overdrive with the tc clutch locked I hit a little over 1000 degrees. No smoke at all unless I lug it down. I had a guy tailgating me last night while I was delivering a Jeep and couldn't even smoke enough to make him back off. I'll be glad when I get the ecm back and the 85% TST box.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Buz

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like I'll go with the bigger sticks, use the comp within limits and start looking for the TURBO!