Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Thanks Don M.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Don M.

Don, I installed the 4s Saturday morning. They are much better than the 3s they replaced. I'm getting better mileage on top of much, much less smoke. I hope the cam is also as good a change. I took the head to John yesterday. We pulled the drag comp. I'm waiting on a custom TST Comp.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Aren't these 4s the SWEETEST??? They're almost sinfully clean.

Even with a Catcher (testing it), smoke is pretty controllable.

Can I ask why you ditched the Drag Comp in favor of the TST???
Old 07-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Buz

I' ve always heard a lot about Don M's injectors. What makes these so great vs. other brands? I'm not knocking anybody, but I'm in the market for injectors soon and am trying to decide on which ones. What is all the talk about these things being so clean? What's that mean? What makes these better than Bullydog or ADT injectors? Also, any suggestions on what size injector would be appreciated. Currently I'm thinking of 100 HP? Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 PM

What makes them so great is that they do what you want from an injector better then any other, imo.

You want power--- they deliver.

You want the lowest smoke possible-- they deliver.

You want the best MPG you can get-- they deliver.

Other injectors get pretty temperamental as you go up in HP.

For example, a 150hp Don M injector is perfectly streetable, and you can drive it every day and control the smoke.

A 150hp Bully Dog injector is a smoky pig that gets worse mileage, has higher EGT, and smokes like nuts.

Yeah, my Don M injectors are getting me about 22mpg avg on the hwy
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 PM

edit
Old 07-26-2005, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, I know i'll get blasted,but who is Don M?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:04 AM
DTR Advertiser

That dude is a trouble maker! Avoid like the plague

Don~
Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Buz

Ok, Don... now that you know that we are talking about you, why should I buy your injectors? What makes them more streetable, great mileage, and less smoke?
Really, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I just want to learn more about your product. Must be really good based on all the praise from this site. Thank you for any input.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:30 AM

Originally posted by Buz
Ok, Don... now that you know that we are talking about you, why should I buy your injectors? What makes them more streetable, great mileage, and less smoke?
Really, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I just want to learn more about your product. Must be really good based on all the praise from this site. Thank you for any input.
For starters to see what he is offering, Don's web When funds permit I'm getting the MAch 1.6's
Old 07-26-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by Buz
[B]...I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I just want to learn more about your product. [B]
I believe Don's philosophy is top quality components coupled with precision engineering...than throw in all the trial & error secrets that he has learned from years of "playing".
He is understandable reluctant to share mfg. secrets on a public forum...especially when, he gets arguements from pseudo experts that think he's selling an overpriced product.

The fact that anyone that has F-1 injectors is very happy and considers it money well spent, says a lot to me. Their only complaint is...they wish they had bought bigger HP.

The only time you see Don's injectors in the classified section...is from satisfied customers upgrading!

As said above, I also believe Don's Mach 4's are the only 150 hp injectors with decent street manors. Like you Buz...I would love to know how he does it...but have never been able to learn much in the way of details.

If you can afford them, buy them!

RJ
Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 AM

Ditto.

Not to turn this into the Don Morrison Worship Thread, but his injectors are remarkable.

Not to mention his customer service (and that of his dealers). If you EVER have a problem with one of his injectors (which I don't think has ever happened), then he will replace/refund with no hassle.

It's really pretty amazing. To think that just a few years ago, a 100hp injector was considered pretty hairy, and only a handful of people towed with them.

Now, you can have a 150hp injector from Don and do anything with it: daily drive, tow, haul, or just have fun (which is what MOST of us do with them).

Think about it: 50% more hp over an old 100hp injector, with LESS smoke and better mpg!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM

Yep, I towed 17000 pounds with my Mach 4s Saturday in 104 degree heat with over 90% humidity. And that was in the slow curvy hills of the Ozarks.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by HOHN
Now, you can have a 150hp injector from Don and do anything with it: daily drive, tow, haul, or just have fun (which is what MOST of us do with them).
Don or anyone,

I'm considering the 1.6's, but now some guys are saying these 4's are towing heavy with them also. What would I gain / lose by choosing the 4's over the 1.6's ?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:53 PM

The turbo you will need to cool the Mach 4s is going to be an upper level piece$$$$. You will also have to have a fuel system up to the task. I tow heavy with mine but unless I'm on level roads I use drive instead of OD to keep temps in check. And here in the Ozarks unless your on the interstate level roads are few and far between. That being said. I find them to be awesome and better for towing than the 3s they replaced.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:00 PM

38Cigarette

You mean other than the 60 HP?

Both 1.6's and 4's have the lattest technology incorporated in them.
The 4's allow you to play harder when not towing but probable need more air than stock. The Mach 4's are amazing because you can tow with them...but, is it the best choice for towing heavy?
IMO, if towing was my main use for my truck and pretty much all I used it for....I would choose 1.6's and an adjustable box.

Just my opinion.

RJ

Quick Reply: Thanks Don M.