Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Thanks For Buying My FASS Setup!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Thanks For Buying My FASS Setup!!

Whoever you are...

Someone got a DEAL on the FASS setup I sold tonight on the mega auction site. They saved themselves about $100 and got a brand spanking new FASS setup for their Dodge Cummins (I think you drive a Dodge Cummins ) complete with the Draw Straw kit, the upgraded fuel line and an external filter. CONGRATS AND THANKS IF YOU FREQUENT THESE PARTS!!! You got a GOOD DEAL!!!

I think it's known why I decided to do this and that's called the.....
PUMP's IN THE TANK and I ain't going after it!!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 AM

You have to remove the in-tank pump to run an external fuel pump? I thought the draw straw bypassed it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 AM

Eric at Vulcan Performance had a tank that was out of a truck there at his shop in Vancouver WA where he showed me and a friend what everything looked like, how to remove the electronics in the tank, leaving the float assembly but removing the pump in the tank and all of that. I've seen a couple of different ways to mount the Draw Straw. One method over at the brand X website has it mounted through the large yellow cap that provides access, on top of the tank. While Eric showed us a hole drilled close to the cap but definitely away from it a few inches and both methods of course required dropping the fuel tank or raising the bed up off the truck to access that large yellow cap. The pump in the tank would be dead & just be in the way and beings you're going to be in there anyway mounting the Draw Straw, why not remove it? I just didn't want to go through all of that, dropping the tank and all. The FASS is a great setup but unlike the Holley Blue which can be installed inline to run as a companion pump with the pump in the tank, the FASS shouldn't be setup that way. It's powerful enough to be all by itself handling fuel feeding duties to your VP. Really, it's THE way to go....long as you don't HAVE to drop the tank like I did.
So long FASS and hello HOLLEY BLUE!!!!