Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Testing the "Wagner Combination" (Mach4s and Marco's ECM)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face Testing the "Wagner Combination" (Mach4s and Marco's ECM)

So a neat box shows up today at my porch.

I swap ECMs without much fanfare and go for a spin.

Response is, in fact, quite improved. Overall, though I expected a little more SOP power. Then I remembered that I had the WG enabled and it popped open at 25psi. Suffice it to say that at 25psi, you're not burning all the fuel that M4s are giving you.

A flick of a needle valve later, the WG is disabled and full boost comes up. Then, something like this:

"GOD PLEASE LET MY CLUTCH HOLD THIS"
"MAN THAT TURN IS COMING UP FAST"

Let's say that the power at 36psi is quite a bit more than at 25psi. Also, before EGTs would amble up to 1300 or so. Now they race PAST 1500!

The pedal is a little touchy, but not unreasonably so. It IS enough to make me wonder if I can keep my clutch alive even for the few days I will have this test unit. Towards that end, I opened up the gate again to keep boost under 26psi.

It's nice to now that with my WG mods and turbo porting, my WG can bypass enough to keep this thing under 25psi.

Finally, this ECM was labelled as a "special", and I'm assuming that it's setup for a Comp. As a result, this may not be as good as a regular catcher would be.

Also, for the first time, I laid rubber in a straight line on dry smooth pavement. Grabbed 4th and off I went. Nice.

I could see me stopping the power with just an ECM and M4s. THE WAGNER COMBINATION IS AWESOME.

One last note. This combo needs more charger. Stock is not an option--I highly doubt a DZ is really enough, and a Schwitzer-based charger is probably what you need. I'm thinking a Cool Twist, HTB2 or B1 class.

There's easily another 30hp or so in this combo with a better charger.

FYI-- this is on my truck, an 02 HO 4x4 with slightly modded stock charger.

Justin
Old 07-20-2005, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sp what do you think HP is at?? This is the same combo I'm looking at. Want big power just don't want a fueling box................yet. A box will prolly be my last thing. "last thing" thats funny!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wagner dynoed this combo at 400hp uncorrected, if I remember. This is with his DZ turbo.

I have an HO, so I'd expect it to be about 420 with a better turbo than mine.

Think one of Rip's Schwitzer turbos-- that should give this setup a solid useable 410-415++ hp.

Oh, and a clutch figures in there somewhere.

jlh