Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Testing a set of full cut dv's on a near stock truck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Testing a set of full cut dv's on a near stock truck...

I picked up a set of full cut dv's pretty cheap and decided to test them out. Going from 131's the difference was amazing, lighting the turbo is effortless and the trucks runs pretty healthy through rpms. Running around town or on the highway "driving normal" the smoke and egts are minimal. However these aren't for everybody, if you lay into it boost builds really really fast, I can hit 35psi of boost at under half throttle and hold it there with ease. The smoke also never cleared at 35psi and that was just at half throttle, I have yet to run WOT with these and probably won't because I can get more fuel than I'll ever need at part throttle. Next time I fill up I'll report back regarding MPG differences. To sum things up, I probably wouldn't recommend these for a daily driver. While they did improve throttle "crispness" and smoothed out the engine through the rpms, they do smoke a lot and you really have to keep your eye on the boost and egt gauges even if you lightly get into it. Eventually I'm going to swap these for 191's, but since I got a deal on them I figured I'd give at least give them a try for the heck of it. BTW this is on a 160 pump, mods in sig. Stock 160 sticks, WH1C/12cm.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you get the 191's let me know, I might be interested in the full cuts, with the bigger turbo they should run nice.