Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

tappin the wire(educated guesses welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tappin the wire(educated guesses welcome)

alright ive talked to everyone i know and....i think my drag comp(new 1 week ago) is about as good as my ez box. i called ind inj and they talked to me and im sure that i got the right wire but...(and edge and farmboyz and...)

dont get me wrong it kicks butt but i just expected more i guess.it smokes more than my ez but just barely.

i do think my converter is too loose though. maybe not enough load for the fueling to kick in and smoke em out. with my pkg i though it would perform better.

i guess what i wanna know is wouldnt ya think with my perf mods my truck would be makin some good power?? what kind of hp torque do ya figure
and..if 100 hp equals 1 second how fast do yall think itll go ballpark...mid 13's??
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your mods are very similar to mine, as far as I can see your turbo is stock, so I'm not sure about 13's I have my MAP sensor unplugged and still run a normal comp, and I can get a haze of smoke all the way down the road if I want but I'm not sure what the turbo is capable of, I think the 02's had a hy35 and mines an hx35? I could be wrong but you should smoke more than your ez did, hopefully someone else will post, correct me if i'm wrong!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

sounds like the comp aint workin right. and you'd be around mid 14's-ish
Old 03-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Are you seeing a big change in egts??
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm similar set up to you and there is no way your drag comp is working right. I recently sold my comp and bought the Juice for the gauges and at the same time put in these RV injectors. Together, my truck flat cooks and I can now hit 1390* in a 1/4 mile run with Juice on 5x5. That's at 65* weather. In 40* weather, i would rarely see 1300* on a standing start to 90 MPH WOT. I think your Comp is messed up or hooked up wrong. What temps are you seeing? Can you black out an intersection? If not, your wire tap is not working, or your box is not working. I can be rolling up about 12% grade in third gear on my 5 spd and mash it hard and two seconds later when the turbo lights, chirp and then spin these 35" tires. RV's and a Comp are wicked fast for the $'s invested.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM

try unplugging you MAP, that will let some more smoke loose.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
I'm similar set up to you and there is no way your drag comp is working right. I recently sold my comp and bought the Juice for the gauges and at the same time put in these RV injectors. Together, my truck flat cooks and I can now hit 1390* in a 1/4 mile run with Juice on 5x5. That's at 65* weather. In 40* weather, i would rarely see 1300* on a standing start to 90 MPH WOT. I think your Comp is messed up or hooked up wrong. What temps are you seeing? Can you black out an intersection? If not, your wire tap is not working, or your box is not working. I can be rolling up about 12% grade in third gear on my 5 spd and mash it hard and two seconds later when the turbo lights, chirp and then spin these 35" tires. RV's and a Comp are wicked fast for the $'s invested.

egts are higher. i talked to ind inj and they told me the 2 wires to the fuel sel is the ones between the inj lines. its the top plug and the wire on the inside of the plug. closest to the engine. maybe ill tap the other one and see what happens

im guessin it aint right so im gonna send it back to edge. its brand new!!!!!!!!dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

it smokes only slightly more than my ez box but i dont care really bout that(although fun since i got s single 5'' stack). but i did want the exra haul; butt since all my buds are outrunnin gme with what seems like less. as for unhookin the mapp sensor then the engine light stays on and i hate that... i gotta go call edge...be right back
Old 03-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tapped my pump with a stealth cover from TST. Took awhile to get the backordered part, but I noticed a huge difference, and was able to test the connection for 12 v. with the key in the on position. Try to check your tap for 12 volts, grounding the meter/test light to the engine, and touching the tap or piercing screw with the hot lead. You should have battery voltage, if I am not mistaken, with the key at On?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Muted User

actually i thought of a way to test the tap before i return it by using an ohm meter. poke the wire inside the tap and the wire cominout of the tap.

i used a positap connector not a scotchloc though. hopefully itll tell me if the connection is made. i know im in the right spot though
Old 03-29-2007, 04:08 PM

I had trouble with my comp until I finally soldered the pumpwire connection. No problems in over 100K miles.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:28 PM

if the wire is taped you should have lots of smoke

i got the juice with att. and on 5x5 my brother made the mistake of pulling up behind on his motor cycle

he "thought" cause i just put 6" stacks on that it would blow the smoke up and over him lol.

well lets just say i got the finger. he said he could not even see my truck and i could just barely see his head light ( it was dark out).

and thats with everything else on the truck stock.

it dont smoke at all with my chip off.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 PM

unplug the map sensor = alot more smoke
Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 PM

hhmmmmmm maybe ill have to try that.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
I can be rolling up about 12% grade in third gear on my 5 spd and mash it hard and two seconds later when the turbo lights, chirp and then spin these 35" tires. RV's and a Comp are wicked fast for the $'s invested.
Its been years since I've seen a 12% grade- a diesel is fun in the hills

Originally Posted by muddin_mavric
if the wire is taped you should have lots of smoke

i got the juice with att. and on 5x5 my brother made the mistake of pulling up behind on his motor cycle

he "thought" cause i just put 6" stacks on that it would blow the smoke up and over him lol.

well lets just say i got the finger. he said he could not even see my truck and i could just barely see his head light ( it was dark out).
Thats just wrong to do that to a bike
Especially at night
*rant mode off*
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Destination
unplug the map sensor = alot more smoke

wrong answer. dont make it right just black. that aint why i spent 600 bucks. just makes the engine light stay on...thats wrong too

Quick Reply: tappin the wire(educated guesses welcome)