Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Superchips Prgramer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips Prgramer Questions

I just bought the 3705 and am wondering about the settings. On setting 3 (PERFORMANCE)... will I be harming my trans (stock) or anything else? WHat setting do you guys normaly run the truck on without towing. You can see my mods listed below. I will be adding a fueling box later down the road but not anytime soon. I like the fact that I can adjust my speedo/odometer get a little HP and check codes with this unit. An Edge box will be my next step along with a built trans.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 PM

Turbo,
Cool! Yeah, I had one of these, just sold it on here. I ran in all settings, found the tow setting best. You wont harm your tranny, allthough a pressure loc helps a ton. I put one on mine and it helps limit slip.
Anyhow, go ahead and experiment. I tried using perf setting while pulling my camper and it was real doggie, so, the tow setting is deffinetly best for towing. I couldn't get much boost out of it. There is an aftermarket elbo you can put on your actuator on the turbo, and that seems to increase the boost a lot.
As for using that chip with a fuel module, not gonna happen! You can screw up yer ECM. And, BTW, make sure you check your fuel pressure before doing any mods! I didn't, and it costed me an injector pump.
Good luck! PM me if you want.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 PM

I really like the perf/tow setting, I don't have the tranny issue but the performance and fuel econ. in perf tow are better unless you are gonna run up to the red line. you can get a boost fooler for $50 and it will pull harder.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:16 PM

Where do I get a boost fooler and is it hard to install?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Muted User

Originally posted by mkrenn

As for using that chip with a fuel module, not gonna happen! You can screw up yer ECM. And, BTW, make sure you check your fuel pressure before doing any mods! I didn't, and it costed me an injector pump.
The superchip tuner can be stacked with out problems with an edge comp. Much better stack then with a hypertech because the timing advance on the hypertech is too much. Typical gains of stacking the superchip on top of the comp is about 30HP on the dyno. I wouldn't run the stack setup as a daily driver as your timing becomes to advanced for daily driving. But to make big dyno numbers the tuner/comp stack is fine.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:27 PM

Tell me more about this " Boost Fooler "

I've heard about it, but where do I get one, and are they for the 98.5 and up ??
Old 03-10-2005, 09:20 AM

I run the superchips stacked with a Van Aaken....LOVE IT! it gives me what I want, no throttle starts that can still run with the gassers, I bought the VA for a $100 so it was just barely more then a boost fooler alone...good money spent in my mind.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:06 PM

WOAH! You guys are livin on the Edge! Good luck! I wouldn't do it. Stressfull enough on the VP44.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM

Is the power from this programmer all bottom end or wll I get a kick going up grades as well. With my tall gears and 35" tires it seems to lag a bit going up long, steep grades.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 PM

Been running a SuperChip Tuner with an Edge EZ for about a 1 1/2 years now. No problems, tows like a champ. I run the SuperChip on Perf and the EZ on the middle setting. If I set the EZ on the fueling at 3 psi I get too much smoke on take off. I also have a Goerend low stall converter, so I need the added boost to clear up smoke. I don't think you'll have any problems with running the SuperChip tuner with your stock t/c, but ya never know. Ya rolls da dice, ya takes ya chances. I ran the EZ and 275 on my stock converter with no problems and when we took it out there was no sign of excess heat. The reason I went with Goerend, I got a smokin' deal that I could not pass up. Now I'm going to upgrade the 275 to stage II's.

Go for it.

Casey
Old 03-10-2005, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by Turbo Deeezle
Is the power from this programmer all bottom end or wll I get a kick going up grades as well. With my tall gears and 35" tires it seems to lag a bit going up long, steep grades.
anyone?..........
Old 03-10-2005, 11:54 PM

My superchips alone on pref/tow runs out of poop at about 2600ish the VA about the same, when stacked it deffinately runs better on top but nothing like a comp, but also no wire tap/ solenoid fear. The truck pulls at least 3 times harder up to 2300ish which is what I like, not so good if you are on a stock clutch to put a lot of torque so low in the R's but great on the fuel mileage.

As to Bocifus I am running the stage 2's...I am not so impressed, I am going to change my map sensor to see if it has something to do with it and I will let you know, if that does not change it I would surely go bigger.

GREG
Old 03-11-2005, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by kyle@ftlb
The superchip tuner can be stacked with out problems with an edge comp. Much better stack then with a hypertech because the timing advance on the hypertech is too much. Typical gains of stacking the superchip on top of the comp is about 30HP on the dyno. I wouldn't run the stack setup as a daily driver as your timing becomes to advanced for daily driving. But to make big dyno numbers the tuner/comp stack is fine.
The v1.00 Perf-Tow/Drag Comp seems to be running fine as a daily stack. It perks up the middle of the power band fairly well too. The v1.04 High-Perf/Drag Comp stack didn't work so well on my truck. Lots of popping, white smoke and timing clatter.

Kyle, do you happen to have dynosheets to back up the 30HP claim? I'd like to see how mine compares to the truck you're referring to.

brandon.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Muted User

The dyno runs were never printed off the computer. I'll have to see if they are still saved on the machine. We did a handful of runs that night with different combos and didn't print each graph. When your work has a chassis dyno and you can use it as much as you want we dont print off everything. Hopefully the runs are still on the machine.

The truck was an 01 HO HX40, 6 flow extrude hones, drag comp. It would have been version 1.0 of superchips because it wasn't long after they had came out. Superchips on high performance and drag comp, peak HP was 30 more. Trashdawg5050 is who's truck it was maybe he will chime and give you more specifics. I'll have to try and round up the dyno sheets in the meantime.

Results may vary though, on an 02 SO w/ 35/50 hybrid and comp and 3 flow extrude hones, no mods to fuel system. When we ran the stack on this truck he only gained about 4HP and at the end of the run gave the chucks like it had run out of fuel. He didn't have gauge, but i'm sure his fuel pressure was easily dropped to 0. Truck was around 375HP on twin roller mustang. To have a gain like 30HP you need to have fuel system and built auto or better clutch, along with everything else.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Turbo Deeezle
Where do I get a boost fooler and is it hard to install?

ANYONE ?

Quick Reply: Superchips Prgramer Questions