Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

SuperChips Micro Tuner?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperChips Micro Tuner?????

I put an tuner in my truck back some time ago, and it locked up. I have called Super Chips and they tell me its my baby. I just gave up on it and left it in there. I was down at the local parts store the other day and got to talking to a feller that said a buddy of his had the same thing happen to a new mustang. Now I know its apples and oranges diffrent but he said he got on the net and found a way to unlock it. Does anyone know how to do this.

Thank yall in advance.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:39 PM
The Guru

The same thing happened to me once. Have you retried to instal the program again. I think that my problem was that I have a flakey ECM. I really didn't feel any real power increase from the superchip box and you will need a boost fouler to gain any real improvement. The edge ez is a way better product. I have the superchip and all that I use it for code scanning and clearing.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
The same thing happened to me once. Have you retried to instal the program again. I think that my problem was that I have a flakey ECM. I really didn't feel any real power increase from the superchip box and you will need a boost fouler to gain any real improvement. The edge ez is a way better product. I have the superchip and all that I use it for code scanning and clearing.
My experience was different. Mine worked great and didnt need a boost fooler to run it. Mine never locked up on me though.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

We have found that usually the second install does the trick. Just make sure the cable is plugged in good and you dont unplug it until the loading is complete.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:11 AM

Yea I have tryed to load it again and again. I can read codes but that all I can do. When I click on tune it starts reading then it says not oraginal program or vehicle. I have tryed to unhook the batterys and the ecm and let it set an hour or so, Still the same thing. I could tell a little diffrence with it, but man stack it with the comp box and it was crazy, but I didnt run it very long like that. I had an Power Stroke with an Super Chips flip chip in it and I was a true beliver in Super Chips but after the way their customer service treated me on this, I will never buy Super Chips again.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:12 AM
The Guru

Ya you can't stack the superchip with the comp box. It makes your VP go crazy. I think that you might have issues with your ecm. Mine the same way. For the slight power increase that superchip gives why bother. I read in a diesel truck mag that it gives around 25rwhp increase. You can hardly feel the difference. I had 90rwhp injectors in my truck. Man would she smoke. It smoke more than my current set-up. The ez is way easier install and you actually get 50-60rwhp of power increase. The drag box from edge or the red box from bluechip is the ultimate fueling boxing.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Is this the same used box as in this post?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...3&postcount=26

Now I know I shouldn't say this, but I understand where the man is coming from. I too bought an used SuperChips Tuner from a buddy of mine. I boght my used Dodge and put an used tuner in it the same day. I went 4 days later to take it out, guess what.......it didnt come out, and as of today its still in there. I understand when you buy something used but when you call a company and ask them is there anything that can be done and they first say yea for $200 we can fix it then, no recipt no work, to SLAM!! the reciver hitting the base. I mean when you call a company asking for anything they can do and they just brush you off, after their poduct is stuck in your truck. I think thats alittle one sided. But now, I'm not ranting I'm just telling you what happend to me. Do I plan on buying any more Super Chips products? Heck no! Do I slam Super Chips? No, Oh yea, I just bought an EDGE Power Plus.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Yes sir, I didnt know that you couldnt stack those two till after I bought it and put it on. I only ran it just a very little while. But I put the super chips in 6 months before I bought my comp box. Still I want to get it out, without having to have the ecm reflashed, anybody have any ideys on how to get it out?

Shovelhead

Yes sir its the same used superchips. Im still stuck with it.