Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Super Cool Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Cool Remote Start

Check out this remote start. http://www.crimestopper.com/remotestart03.html
Anybody have any experience with these? It would be really nice, for the remote start, use the accessory button to power a high idle solenoid, and it also has a turbo cool-down timer!
Again, anybody have any comments on these units? (RS 900 VI)

I think I might pick one up.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:00 PM

Great sounding device, Never heard of it till reading about it,sounds like a item to have if you live in a cold climate or where security is a issue as it is a complete package. Let us know how it goes if you get one. Rick
Old 02-13-2004, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure if your looking for input on this unit only, but I bought an Avistart 4400 as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend for her 2000 Mercury Cougar. The install was pretty easy, and it works great. It has the 2-way remote which is WAY cool. Even has the temperature of the inside of the car. The range on this thing is amazing. I can operate it from about a 1/2 block down the street. It has all sorts of other features such as the diesel Wait to Start, aux. channels to operate a slew of different add-ons.

PM me if you have any specific questions.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:17 PM

Stat 007 just bought and installed something very similar to that, but I can't remember the exact product name. Price wasnt too steep for all the features the alarm/remote start has. Wasn't toooo difficult for a couple of guys with "limited knowledge" to install. PM him for more details.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM

Hey! Glad I stumbled upon this thread! The alarm/remote start/turbo cool-down unit that DodgeDiesel4x4 is referring to, which I bought and installed, is a DEI Python 881XP. It's one of the most complex systems you can get. It's a 2-way pager remote kind of thing and it has all kinds of bells and whistles (many of which I'm not using since I just have a truck w/o a trunk, sunroof, rear doors, etc.). Most places that sell them charge $500 for the unit itself and for the installation, but I bought just the unit online for $235 and installed it myself for about $50-$75 in supplies. Works wonderfully! But I'll admit, the installation was really much more difficult than I expected, but I had a really good online friend who knows EVERYTHING about alarm installations, and I had DodgeDiesel4x4 to help me with some of the things I didn't have tools/parts for.

If you're just looking for a basic remote start/turbo-cool down though, my alarm guy recommended the DEI Avital systems that you guys are referring to. Anything made by DEI is good. And the Avital should be similar to the other DEI products, so I could help you with your installation questions if you wish. But be warned...there are a bunch of wires on most of these units and it can be fairly daunting. Check out the Security 411 forum on SoundDomain.com for more detailed questions (and to speak directly with my alarm friend, IAmMurph). Good luck!