Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sun Coast Trany

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun Coast Trany

Hi All,

Billg's wifey here, posting for him because he is in the driver's seat as I write this. Just wanted y'all to know we're on our way to Florida (currently in South Carolina) to Sun Coast for a new trany. We're towing our 5th wheel, and once the trany is in we'll spend the rest of the week vacationing on the gulf coast.

Bill says he'll check in with the forum on Tuesday as soon as he's had a chance to check things out.

Wife of Billg
Old 01-17-2004, 04:25 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool! Let us know how it works out.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes, the wonderful world of mobile electronics.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:45 PM

I'll bet you'll love it I sure like mine
Old 01-19-2004, 12:35 PM

My truck is at Suncoast getting it’s new trany. Well after the test ride in one of their trucks I’m also getting a 4” exhaust and an Edge Ez. I will pick it up tomorrow, can’t wait. I feel like a kid at Christmas. These guys are excellent to deal with, very good customer service. A hard thing to come by these days. I’ll get to test it out tomorrow. I’ll be towing tomorrow for the vacation part of our trip. On the way down here I was averaging about 11 to 12 mpg and that was doing about 70mph down I85. I hope to see better performance on the way home if I can keep my foot out of it.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good Bill,,,,,,,,,,,
Just one favor please,,,,,,,,,,,, Don't you say one word about the beautiful weather down there,,,,,,,, we get enough of that from FiverBob!

Have a safe trip and enjoy! I know how tickled I am with the EZ,,,,, now I need to do the tranny thing like you did. I'm gonna start workin on wifey to take a vacation like yours.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:07 PM

Got my truck back from Suncoast I really like the way the trany shifts it’s very firm but it doesn’t knock the fillings out of my teeth, although if that is what you want they can hook you up . I got the new trany, Edge Ez, and 4" exhaust. It's like a new truck. This is the best money I have spent in a long time. All the people at Suncoaast were great, could not ask for better treatment. For those of you who PMed me I say go for it. You will not regret it. They do a lot more than just tranys. The more bombs you do the better the price. I could not be happier. I came down here for one upgrade and I’m leaving with 3. I was hoping to check for fuel mileage but it is hard to keep my foot out of it.
Oh, yeah this thing tows awesome.

Ram you will be glad to know it is 40* right now, but it's going to get in the 60's, so say the local weather gods.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:22 AM

How much did the tranny run you? I got a buddy who needs one and for what he uses the truck for I don't think he needs a Dtt or ats.
Thanks
DM01
Old 01-21-2004, 10:29 AM
4x4
Banned

BillG,

Did you get the triple or single disk TC? Leaning toward a Suncoast myself. Trying to decide on the TC.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:36 PM

dodgeman01
The trany part was about $4050.00 installed here’s the data:
http://www.suncoastconverters.com/complete_tranny.html
It doesn't matter how much horsepower you want to make as long as you tell him up front so he can set up the trany for it. He has a 3year unlimited mileage/unlimited HP warranty and that is in writing. There are a couple of customers putting out 600 hp+.

4X4
I got the single it is already light-years ahead of the stock unit. http://www.suncoastconverters.com/tranny_prod.html
Just give him a call he will tell you what you need based on use and future HP plans. If you go there he will take you for a ride in the twin turbo Dodge while you discuss your plans for your truck. Then a test run in your truck. Then the work begins, you are welcome to hang around and ask questions or catch some ZZZs in the lounge (in the leather recliners). The treatment was good. I didn’t feel like they were trying to over sell what I needed.
Hope this helps.