Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Subs under the rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I much like the under front center seat option...is there a kit for one 10 or 12 subs for the center seat?? has anyone mount one there??
and if a wanna use the rear seat with under subs there is any problem for people seating there??
tnks to all..
Mike what brand your 12 shallow subs??
Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Chapter President

I'm going to start building a custom box for my 15's. The way I see I see it they may end up sounding better because I'll be increasing the area of the box. As of right now the box the 15's are in is 16x16x32 or 16x16x16 for each sub.

I'm going to build it so they fire up under the back seat. I'm sure I;ll have to raise the seat, but it's for a car seat and 2 dogs anyway. so it shouldn't be a problem. They say they need about 7 inches so I'll make it for about 8 and should be fine.

Any one have a good idea on how to build a box? or other comments?

I'll keep you posted!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

too bad its such a pain to fab up some baskets for under the seat, would be great if it was easy to take the bottom of the floor out from under there, and sling it about 5 inches lower, make a ton more room for a lot more speaker options, aka Hellow JL w7's
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Chapter President

Well I started tonight on the project. Got the top face made and ready for the rest. So far, it's going great. I'll let you know how it turns out!

As always, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. did anyone else realize how gettho rigged the top hangers for our back seat are? They are handles from ACE/LOWES for kitchen/bathroom cabinets.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here the only pic I have handy of the last FG enclosure I built for mine.
2 AVI SLS250 10" subs each in a sealed .6cft with lots of storage for jumpers,jacks and stuff with the seat in the stock position.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:12 AM

Thats some serous power... ^^

Use MDF not particle board for your box and if you want to do a sealed (which I would recommend) since it is hard to get the "right" porting geometry for which subs you are running. Use wood glue and screws then caulk the insides of the box's corners with either window or I use clear liquid nails and just goup it on.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
The Guru

My subs are Pioneer TS-SW3041D, 1400watt 12in shallow mount. They don't have that teenager thump thump but they sure do work sweet on the music that I listen too. The sub box is a custom built box and the guy even put a logo on them "twin turbo". I don't have the power like Ratson system (thats some power buddy). I have two MTX amps. One's a four channel at 1200 watts and the sub amp is around 2000 watts, I think. I just listen and enjoy. I just told the audio guy I wanted some improvements to my sound quality. It helps on those drives across canada and the USA that I do for work. Once you put the rear seat down, you can't even see the subs or the amps, which is a nice feature. I would take a picture but I have a torque converter and transmission cooler on the seat right now plus a case of beer. I hate my the frequent long trips to the cooler so... I'm still installing my transmission but still use my stereo for the build.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Banned

Dang Ratsun, how you like that JL 1000 amp ? I just bought its little brother, the 500 model, hoping it will wake up my subs. seems to be a lot of stuff in the classifieds here lately pertaining to audio equipment.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm running the JL stealth box that replaces the center seat . It has a 12 in it and is totally hidden. the front seat still looks stock. grat sound quality with a JL 500/1
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
My subs are Pioneer TS-SW3041D, 1400watt 12in shallow mount. They don't have that teenager thump thump but they sure do work sweet on the music that I listen too. The sub box is a custom built box and the guy even put a logo on them "twin turbo". I don't have the power like Ratson system (thats some power buddy). I have two MTX amps. One's a four channel at 1200 watts and the sub amp is around 2000 watts, I think. I just listen and enjoy. I just told the audio guy I wanted some improvements to my sound quality. It helps on those drives across canada and the USA that I do for work. Once you put the rear seat down, you can't even see the subs or the amps, which is a nice feature. I would take a picture but I have a torque converter and transmission cooler on the seat right now plus a case of beer. I hate my the frequent long trips to the cooler so... I'm still installing my transmission but still use my stereo for the build.
New converter?
Now what you doing to the trans...sounds like more than a freshin up?

Originally Posted by mikmaze
Dang Ratsun, how you like that JL 1000 amp ? I just bought its little brother, the 500 model, hoping it will wake up my subs. seems to be a lot of stuff in the classifieds here lately pertaining to audio equipment.
Love it! That 1000/1 really keeps those 10" AVIs on their toes
I got some more work to do to the system in the next month or so..... I have one more 300/2 I have to figure out how to fit in
Power is an addiction ant it..
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
The Guru

My old PDR tranny gave out. I'm putting in a new DTT tranny. By the end of the week it should be running. Just in time for spring. Hoping on putting down some decent number's and might even try the track soon. I like to try the mission track for friday day evening. You guys there have a decent amount of fast truck to run against.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
My old PDR tranny gave out. I'm putting in a new DTT tranny. By the end of the week it should be running. Just in time for spring. Hoping on putting down some decent number's and might even try the track soon. I like to try the mission track for friday day evening. You guys there have a decent amount of fast truck to run against.
Sorry to hear about the tranny, what let go any idea?
You should be able to hold your own with the locals here, hows the competition in Calgary.... they got a nice track?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
The Guru

I don't know the story with Calgary track. I haven't there in sometime. The good air is why I want to try Mission. There are some strong trucks here, most are running drugs. I don't have enough money for that stuff, I'm one of the few guys that actually drive the truck. I have to come out and see DTT and get them to fix the truck properely. Nothing beats getting the transmission shop setting it up right so that it will work. I can send you pictures of all the broken pieces, its nasty nasty. Some of it was my fault some wasn't. I didn't see it come apart but its hard to believe that I had hard part failure and the clutches wheren't in bad shape. Tons of aluminum matterial. Original I had a dream that I just put in new clutches Live and learn. I have to come out and smoke out Harry and Piers out of the den.