Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

SUBMITTING BUCKSTOP BUMPER ORDER THIS WEEK, LAST CHANCE

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUBMITTING BUCKSTOP BUMPER ORDER THIS WEEK, LAST CHANCE

Ok guys, at the end of the week we are going ahead with our group purchase of the BUCKSTOP bumper. If you would like one at a reduced rate PM me and get aboard. ;D

Friday is the day,10-24-03 we will be sending in our orders so I would need to know by thursday night. Also if you need the web site it's www.buckstop.biz
Old 10-20-2003, 08:46 PM

Re:SUBMITTING BUCKSTOP BUMPER ORDER THIS WEEK, LAST CHANCE

Whats it look like and how much?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.buckstop.biz should give you an idea. I'm not in on the buy or anything, I just happen to know the website address.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:34 AM

just talked to the guy at buckstop
seams like a real stand up kind of guy
easy to work with
I asked him about selling me just the bumper without paint and the guard ( I wanted to make my own guard)
he seamed willing to do that
most other companies would not

Im impressed with this guy
Old 10-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Banned

I think you save 125 on the grill guard and another 125 on no paint. If you would like to order one, let me know, we are sending in our orders on friday,10-24-03. So I would have to know by thursday. We will get between 150-350 off the price.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Banned

Sure look well built. Just wondering what kind of liability you might have in a T bone collision. These things would go through a car and save your truck but wondering what would happen if someone got killed? Factory bumpers and truck are made to crumple to absorb the energy. You know what lawyers are like.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:14 PM

[quote author=y-knot link=board=7;threadid=21209;start=0#msg199947 date=1066864010]
I think you save 125 on the grill guard and another 125 on no paint. If you would like to order one, let me know, we are sending in our orders on friday,10-24-03. So I would have to know by thursday. We will get between 150-350 off the price.
[/quote]

thats exactly what he told me on the phone

problem is I aint got no money right now
im just gonna have to wait and pay full price later or just build my own when I have a lot of spare time
Old 10-23-2003, 01:20 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet looking bumper! I like the looks of that one alot! But the fundage is a little short right now or I would jump on the band wagon! :'( :'( :'(......y-knot you made of money? Please, please,please! ;D
Old 10-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Banned

No I am not "made of money", if I was my wife would cut me into little peices and cash me in. I just enjoy working on things, and the last couple of months it's been the truck. The bumper is very well made and I don't think there is any bases for litigation resulting from an accident. But if there was, I would rather defend myself in court, then be injured or dead. I really don't think it matters much, if someone were to pull out in front of my truck, which weights in at 8400lbs, they are going to get the worst of it, bumper or not. And yes I no these bumpers are expensive, but most things are that we bolt to these trucks, so it's nothing new.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:08 PM

if someone is dumb enough to get T-boned by one of these things....
well maybe the world is better off

GET OUT A DA WAY DUMMY!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Banned

So I guess a driver of a truck with a large bumper/ snow plow has never been in the wrong when a car has been t-boned??? Work as a firefighter in a rural area where DUI is a problem and I think you might change your views.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Banned

Somehow we went from getting a "bumper" to drunk'n drivers?? I must have missed something?? Surely you don't suggest that people who drive trucks with buckstop bumpers are drunks?? And I am sure not are that opperate snow moving equipment are dunk'n fools. If you are stupid enough to drink and drive, It doesn't matter what you run into someone with. A 3000lb car will kill just as effectivly as a 8000lb truck. I content that many more people are killed with cars then, with trucks, esspecialy buckstop bumper equiped trucks. Lets see last weekend when the news guy reported on a drunk driver killing three teens, he didn't take the time to mention if it was a car or a buckstop truck, just said they were dead. I have "worked " as a rescue person(volunteer), but I never drew the same conclusions as you. nor did I try and single out a specific segment of the population as the cause of all evil. People that drink and then drive are idiots, and they span the whole spectrum of the human race, some are white collar workers, blue collar workers, some are young adults that haven't lived long enought to understand the dangers. There are also turbo diesel members, ford truck owners, policemen, and even firefighter that live in rural area that are guilty of driving while drunk. The type, model, year, cost, options have nothing to do with the wrecks of drunken drivers, it was the drunk'n driver that caused the problem
Old 10-23-2003, 08:30 PM

[quote author=spots link=board=7;threadid=21209;start=0#msg199999 date=1066868973]
Sure look well built. Just wondering what kind of liability you might have in a T bone collision. These things would go through a car and save your truck but wondering what would happen if someone got killed? Factory bumpers and truck are made to crumple to absorb the energy. You know what lawyers are like.
[/quote]

That's a good point. :- I've heard reports where one of these aftermarket bumpers was involved in a wreck where the driver of the truck totalled the other car (toyota camry in the rear, raining, etc.) but left the truck pretty much untouched. The baby in the back child seat nor the driver had any injuries.

Earlier this year my sister got t-boned crossing a divided highway by a chevy 1500 4x4, even without an after market bumper, it crushed the passengers side of the plymouth voyager she was driving. I don't think that the wreck would have been any worse or any better with an after market bumper on the truck because the truck was still driveable after the accident.

Another tip from a mailing list I'm on is that the bumpers can be listed by the insurance company as a 'Deer Damage Reduction Device' to help prevent lawsuits.

JMHO --
brandon.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Banned

Y knot I think you should reread my post and the one above it that I was referring to. I don't really care if you have an aftermarket bumper on your truck or not. I was asking whether someone would be liable if they changed the engineered crumple zone of a vehicle. Lawyers seem to be like flies on dung in the US. I would have thought it would be an angle that some bottom feeding leech would have tackled in an auto accident. Y'all enjoy your paki smackers ya hear??