Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub enclosure

Anybody have any pics of an enclosure for a 10" sub? I assume it would be best placed under the back seat? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 PM

Im actually building an enclosure to hold 2 10's right now. The subs will fire forward towards to front seat and will triangle back underneath the back seat. I think air space should be fine. The face of the box goes straight down from the front of the back seat, hope that make sense.

BTW I price a box for 2 10's at a local audio store and they wanted $140.00
But it wasnt deep enough for my subs, Rockford HE2's. they also told me for $220 they would build me a custom down fire box that would also serve as a console for the back seat, they said it would fit between the front and the back seats right in the middle. So I decided to build my own.

Sorry no pics yet.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:00 AM

I got a pic in my gallery, and should be linked to in my sig.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 AM

how bout 3 10s? I built a box for 3 JL 12w6s pics are on my cardomain somewhere
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can get about three configurations.

1) single 10 facing forward about ($50-60)
2) 2 10's (one under each rear side) facing forward (EBay- $49+$49 ship)
3) 2 10's firing down (probably the best set up, (Ebay-$239+?ship)

I have the single forward facing, it's okay, I really couldn't handle much more anyway.
I have a JL with a 240W mono amp and it thumps pretty good. I was torn over getting two and another amp, but I think what I have is plenty for me.
It just barely sticks out from underneath the center rear seat, the thing I like is that the seat LOCKS down in the factory position. I have seen them where the seat is all jacked up on an angle, looks kinda queer IMO.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres what i built, I made the mistake of adding 8" subs, 10" will fit. IMO best configuration would be 10" subs firing down. Thats my next box.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 AM

i have a box for two 12's sitting in my garage. i had it in my gasser for 7 or 8 months but when i got the diesel i didnt want no subs.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM

I am also interested in putting some subs in my truck. I am a little confused though because you guys talk about firing them down. Does that mean that the sub face will be on the floor. I didn't know that was a good thing. Why would that be better. Also my rear seat looks like it has two triangles sagging down from the bottom of the seat. They seem firm like it is built in for support or something. It seems to me like it will limit my space for a box pretty bad. Does anyone else have a seat that looks like this or is mine screwed up.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 AM

No question - the hotboxes enclosure is THE ticket for the Ram. The 12" one puts the center console up a few inches higher, (making it PERFECT for me at 6'), the 10" one is stock height.

For those who use the truck as a truck, it keeps all your rear seat room, which is not a bunch.

For those who are audiophiles, it keeps ALL your sound up front, and lemme tell ya, it's GREAT!

It's well constructed, blends perfectly, easy install, and under $200 shipped (without sub). What more could you want?

No I don't make 'em, I just LOVE mine. Search for seller ID "hot-boxes" on ebay.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:39 AM
CJ

I just ordered the thunderforms mtx yesterday. One of my buddies had one in his truck and loved it. I like the concealed look.
CJ
Old 02-13-2006, 11:06 AM

That is a pretty sweet idea to put the box there. Especially if your truck is a manual you wouldn't want somebody to sit in the middle anyway.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 AM

I built my own box, and still have most of my room under there as well. Havent go it all finished yet, so not sure on how it sounds.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Eskimo
No question - the hotboxes enclosure is THE ticket for the Ram. The 12" one puts the center console up a few inches higher, (making it PERFECT for me at 6'), the 10" one is stock height.

For those who use the truck as a truck, it keeps all your rear seat room, which is not a bunch.

For those who are audiophiles, it keeps ALL your sound up front, and lemme tell ya, it's GREAT!

It's well constructed, blends perfectly, easy install, and under $200 shipped (without sub). What more could you want?

No I don't make 'em, I just LOVE mine. Search for seller ID "hot-boxes" on ebay.
I'll second that, I have one and I love it.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:29 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the one I would get if I started the audio process over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-CUSTOM-DODGE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
This is the one I would get if I started the audio process over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-CUSTOM-DODGE...QQcmdZViewItem
I *heard* that those enclosures were very thin and flexed, anyone know for sure?

The other thing is, pretty much any of the mass market (MTX, etc..) boxes are going to have the company's low-end drivers in it.. The JL Stealthbox between the seats does have a W4 though, but for 1/2 the price, you can get what I've got, with a driver that's twice as good!

Quick Reply: Sub enclosure