Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stupid Mistake!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Stupid Mistake!

Just thought I'd share what happened today at the DIY carwash today. After pressure washing my engine I jumped back in my truck and took off down the raod. Got on it with my comp on 5x5 to see if i could get a little sideways with the wet tires. Truck starts bogging down and blowing all kinds of smoke.

I let off and continue down the road about a mile and get on it again. Same thing. Now i'm thinkin too muck smoke, loss of power, o <edit>, I forgot to take the plastic bag off my AFE PG7 filter

The noticed filter was collapsed as I removed the bag from it. I drove home and pulled the filter off. I was able to push the collapsed portion out from inside the cone. Hopefully it will retain its shape for a while and not create any holes in the filter metrial. Hopefully this will remind others to remember not to make this mistake themselves.

Bryan
Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry but I'm currently ROFLMAO!! This sounds like something that only I would do!!!

You truly made my night hope everything works out for you!!

Rick
Old 01-25-2006, 10:45 PM

That's the funniest piece of preventative maintenance I've heard haha
Old 01-26-2006, 03:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't feel to bad. I did it about 10 yrs ago. Ya learn real quick once you've done it.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM

I did that last thanks giving. I missed dinner cause it p***ed me off so bad cause the bhaf was a week old.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread is worthless.....with out pics!

Sorry man!

WE NEED PICS!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that qualify's you for the WEENY of the Month award if we had one.
Like the time i pulled my JEEP on my trailer and the tongue wasn't latched, trailer went up in air i paniked backed off too quickly and the tongue went into the tailgate and put a nice big dent in it.
We all do goofy things all the time. That's what makes us diesel heads.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:38 PM

buddy did that with his BHAF.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:53 PM

Ha Ha Ha Ha, don't feel so bad, we have all messed up and had brain farts before. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 01-27-2006, 12:40 AM

Exclamation Parking lot.....

Was in Bismarck, ND this week for a conference. It ended at noon, went with friends and had dinner. Drove across street to a "Hobby Lobby" (hobby/craft store), parked, shut off the truck, locked the doors, and went into store. Came out about 15 minutes later.....no truck!! I wandered around a bit, grabbed my key fob and hit the "panic" button, thinking I would then locate my truck via the noise. (should mention, lot had very few vehicles in it). No alarm....I thought, OH EDIT, someone stole my pickup. $6,000.00 dollars worth of County radio equipment installed/sitting behind seats, and it's gone.

I grab my cell phone, to call the police, and happen to glance to east edge of lot, and see a pickup sitting there that has a rooftop aerial. I start to walk over, thinking, who in EDIT would have moved my truck? Keys are in MY hand, and I'm 200 miles from home, and only my wife (still at work at "home") has the other set. I walk up, and see the left corner of the front bumper impacted a 5X5 inch cement post, and snapped it off at ground level . I unlock the door, and find out the gear lever was in neutral. Don't know if I forgot to put it in 2nd, or thought it went in, and it actually didn't . Truck rolled about 100 yards, on what I thought looked to be a pretty flat parking lot. Slight crinkle in bumper, and bottom plastic trim needs to be replaced .

The officer who came to the scene, gave me a web address for a new bumper, if I decide to replace it....He works on fixing wrecked vehicles, after hours LOL; we both had a good chuckle, and I thought that was pretty nice of him to let me know where I might find a replacement bumper cheaper than the dealer.

Just glad it didn't hit another vehicle, or worse, a person, while it went for it's little "rolling stroll" .

Dewey