Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Streetable

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catcher: Marco himself doesn't recommend mad for winter driving
Nope that's not. Never meant to say that!

I say to be carefull with the CaTCHER on slippery roads since the torque comes in much sooner. A driver with no experience with the CaTCHER can get himself into trouble. Don't ask how I know...
I've said not more nor less.

Marco
Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by duke1n
I agree about the first 3 gears being worthless so read with some interest your post. How exactly does it behave differently? You say it spools better but does this mean it smokes more? You live in Denver? I want to go for a ride
This is something that is so difficult to describe in words! The best reason I can give, and I could be completely wrong here, is that the catcher will actually allow you to add fuel before boost comes in - and LOTS of it if so desired. This allows you to accelerate at a rate just under smoke production, you can hear it in the turbo - give it just an 1/8" more throttle and smoke starts to roll. It is seriously no harder to control the smoke with a catcher, you just need to change your habits - I actually think it is a little easier.

With a stock ECM you lug it, smoke rolls, but the turbo doesn't really like to spool up - its like your drowning out the engine with too much fuel. With the catcher, same scenario except about 2-3x the smoke, but the turbo has no issues spooling up... No explanation for that one!

Oh yeah, and before the catcher, I could not make my boost needle budge at all sitting in neutral blipping the throttle. With the catcher I can make 10+ psi boost!

Send me a PM, be more than happy to take you for a spin!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Marco
Nope that's not. Never meant to say that!

I say to be carefull with the CaTCHER on slippery roads since the torque comes in much sooner. A driver with no experience with the CaTCHER can get himself into trouble. Don't ask how I know...
I've said not more nor less.

Marco
Didn't mean to misquote you man- just something I read over in TDR.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Will Manchester
Oh yeah, and before the catcher, I could not make my boost needle budge at all sitting in neutral blipping the throttle. With the catcher I can make 10+ psi boost!

Send me a PM, be more than happy to take you for a spin!
That's awesome man? You in Virginia??
Old 09-16-2005, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phatboy
That's awesome man? You in Virginia??
Sorry Phatboy, I was replying to Duke1n. I'm in Colorado.... If you up for the drive offer is open to you too!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Muted User

I have heard from others also, about the ability to snap off 7 to 10 Lbs of boost at idle by whacking the throttle. Now that is probably the single best way to describe just how quick this thing snaps....

This is why I lie awake at night wanting, waiting, and lusting for my very own MAD Catcher....

Anybody want to buy a TST competition version PM3 adjustable with remote electronic gauge module cheap so I can buy my MAD ????? lol

KP
Old 09-16-2005, 03:00 PM

LOL- I shoulda figured you guy would talk me back into mad
Thanks for the help, I still need more, but I'll start a new thread on turbos soon.