Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Straight pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Straight pipe

:

Finally went ahead and straight piped the truck today.......

Got a new tail pipe from the muffler back and then had an exhaust shop cut the stock muffler and resonator off.

He bent a piece of pipe just right to reconnect, expanded the pipe so everything went back together with clamps, no welding. and then installed my 6" stainless tip on the end of the new tail pipe.

Looks awesome. Sounds even better. I love the sound of it, turbo just sounds vicious changing gears etc. I don't find it overly noisy on the highway in the cab. I was worried about drone with no resonator but so far seems really good. I like it.

Best low dollar mod!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The drone on my trucks would not kick in till you had a load to pull and out on the highway at around 68 to 70 mph, my suggestion would be to pull a heavy load and make sure no drone before you head out on a trip and find that it is annoying. And if it drones just find a straight thru muffler and put it as close as to the front as you can get it and the drone will go away. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 04-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool!!

I did the same to my truck and will pick it up today!!

Looking forward to driving it with all the mods.

Did it do anything to keep your EGTs down, or was it even an issue?

Bob
Old 04-15-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be gone on a 2500+ mile trip in another week or so. We'll see if the sound of it drives me nuts by then..

I doubt it, i can't get enough of that sound. One thing I do have to watch though is in town, it is so hard to not lay on it from stop light etc just to listen to the sound reverbrate of of buildings with the windows down. I really don't need to attract any more attention to myself with the local authorities.

Some people have told me that the straight pipe made an increase in their fuel mileage. Anyone else notice this???

I think the next mod will be the BHAF.