Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stopped for stacks AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Go to www.packing.org for an excellent site on CCW laws Nation-wide.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread topic........

Stopped for stacks AGAIN
With all due respect, the sites that have that info are good but not necessirly totally accurate. The info derived from the Attorney Generals site will stand in court. In this case, the Tennessee info has been known to be back dated. This has come up before. Don't know if it affects any other states except Alabama. I added the AG info as a source for him so that he could determine that HE is legal in Alabama with his permit.

All this is still a hodgepodge, for instance if going through Arkansas, I am not legal to carry so have to comply with their rather liberal transport laws. In Lousiana, if stopped, the first words out of your mouth are that you have a concieled and a valid permit for it or the permit is invalid. Most local police are not fully instructed on who can carry in their state so it is best to have accurate governmental info to produce for them. I had a question with a young Georgia cop, supplied the AG info and he radioed in, let me pass.

The other day, I had a smile situation. I had tighter jeans on than usual. The outline of the 380 could be seen. Went into convenience store in the middle of the night, two or three cops investigating donuts watched me. On the way out, one says "what is that bulge in your pocket?" I said that is was just my 380, kept walking. They did not bother.....
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 PM

Oops, sorry, don't have stacks yet....
Old 07-20-2005, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just show them that polished up piece of tin and you are good to carry in all states with the presidents new law...

Besides it is funny to watch when they try to figure out my HKP7M13
Old 07-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by mkubacak
This is the kind of stuff that really irks me. I am sure there is a meth lab that need busted or some violent crimes that need attention. Why are they wasting tax dollars chasing after a pickup with stacks? Not a good allocation of resources if you ask me. There are better methods of generating revenue.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Administrator

DD4X4, you should have answered his question about why you're "Packing" by saying
"When an situation arises, a gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone".

That thought crossed my mind while I was thinking of a crafty reply.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by cethane
Joel, you have one of the coolest sounding CTD's period. Rips "sneaker" series would be a way to make the state troopers happy.
Thanks Calvin. I think it sounds even better now with the new Dynaflow on it. It has like a basier (is that a word) sound and the sharp raspy sound is mellowed. I figure in about three months, it will be burnt out or full of soot and just be a piece of straight pipe again anyway.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
With all due respect, the sites that have that info are good but not necessirly totally accurate. The info derived from the Attorney Generals site will stand in court. In this case, the Tennessee info has been known to be back dated. This has come up before. Don't know if it affects any other states except Alabama. I added the AG info as a source for him so that he could determine that HE is legal in Alabama with his permit.

All this is still a hodgepodge, for instance if going through Arkansas, I am not legal to carry so have to comply with their rather liberal transport laws. In Lousiana, if stopped, the first words out of your mouth are that you have a concieled and a valid permit for it or the permit is invalid. Most local police are not fully instructed on who can carry in their state so it is best to have accurate governmental info to produce for them. I had a question with a young Georgia cop, supplied the AG info and he radioed in, let me pass.

The other day, I had a smile situation. I had tighter jeans on than usual. The outline of the 380 could be seen. Went into convenience store in the middle of the night, two or three cops investigating donuts watched me. On the way out, one says "what is that bulge in your pocket?" I said that is was just my 380, kept walking. They did not bother.....
This is why when you obtain info on licensing on packing.org, you must first agree to their disclaimer which tells you the information is "believed to be accurate".
Old 07-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gerry
just show them that polished up piece of tin and you are good to carry in all states with the presidents new law...

Besides it is funny to watch when they try to figure out my HKP7M13

Hmm, what new law? I'm lost here