Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stopped for stacks AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bmoeller
Could've gotten Rips cheater "muffler". It looks like a normal muff, but has a solid pipe going through it.
Do you have a link for that?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.protintnw.com/sa_dodge-exh.htm
Old 07-18-2005, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diesel Dude,
Dont you love Virginia.I got pulled a couple years ago in Crewe,Va, I guess for the 35's and loud pipe. When the occifer came up to the window (Gun drawn), he asked if I had anything in the truck he needed to know about. I told him I had a loaded .50 AE Desert Eagle, The stuff hit the fan. One hour, and four constables later, they finally asked if I had a concealed carry permit, I showed it to them, they apologized, and sent me on my way. I think it was just a young officer trying to make a name for himself. Oh yhea, he also tried to write me for having a lift, shot him down on that one too, just a levelling kit. Gottta love it.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 PM

Don't carry open in Alabama, can't do it here.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM

The cop that pulled you over probably drives a some 4-cylinder import, he's probably just jealous.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:08 AM

I got pulled over twice for my stacks. Once right after I got the truck.. I was laying a little smoke and "lost traction" at a stoplight next to a DMAX..
Got off with a verbal warning and was told to take it easy or get a $181.00 ticket..
That was with 5" exhaust and no muffler.

Couple weeks later I get followed through town while taking it really easy.. Cop was driving a suburban and pulled me over.. I was not happy when I got the ticket and he was being an A$$ saying I was supposed to have it fixed because I was warned 12 days ago..
Old 07-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by LOWTYD
Diesel Dude,
Dont you love Virginia.I got pulled a couple years ago in Crewe,Va, I guess for the 35's and loud pipe. When the occifer came up to the window (Gun drawn), he asked if I had anything in the truck he needed to know about. I told him I had a loaded .50 AE Desert Eagle, The stuff hit the fan. One hour, and four constables later, they finally asked if I had a concealed carry permit, I showed it to them, they apologized, and sent me on my way. I think it was just a young officer trying to make a name for himself. Oh yhea, he also tried to write me for having a lift, shot him down on that one too, just a levelling kit. Gottta love it.
The correct answer to his question should have been:
(Spoken while keeping both hands on the steering wheel)
"I have a permit to carry a concealed firearm."
"I have a (Name firearm here) that I'm carrying (state the location)."

IN THAT ORDER
Under NO circumstances should you reach for it to "Show Him".

("Yeah, I got a loaded gun" will bring waaaay too much excitement into your life, and might get you a couple of fresh new preforations in yer hide)

In Virginia if you have a VA CHP, when the LEO runs your tag the corner of the screen indicates that the registered owner has a "permit".

DD4X4, you should have answered his question about why you're "Packing" by saying
"When an situation arises, a gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone".
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 AM

In Texas, when asked for id by an LEO, you must identify yourself as having ccw, if you are carrying at that time. Certainly helps keep the excitement to a minimum. Most LEO's will realize you are a "good guy" if you have met all the requirements for ccw.

my .02
wayne
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 AM

This is the kind of stuff that really irks me. I am sure there is a meth lab that need busted or some violent crimes that need attention. Why are they wasting tax dollars chasing after a pickup with stacks? Not a good allocation of resources if you ask me. There are better methods of generating revenue.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:33 AM

theres not much revenue in busting meth labs or actually solving crimes, but theres alot in writing traffic tickets!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Banned

TENNESSEE'S RECOGNITION OF OUT-OF-STATE
HANDGUN CARRY PERMITS AND
RECIPROCITY INFORMATION

Tennessee now recognizes a facially valid handgun permit, firearms permit, weapons permit, or a license issued by another state according to its terms, and will, therefore, authorize the holder of such out-of-state permit or license to carry a handgun only in the state of Tennessee.
The person must be in possession of the permit or license at all times such person carries a handgun in Tennessee.
Tennessee will enter into written reciprocity agreements with other states that require the execution of such agreements.
If a person with a handgun permit from another state decides to become a resident of Tennessee, such person must obtain a Tennessee handgun permit within six (6) months of establishing residency in Tennessee. Such person will be processed as a renewal applicant if the eligibility requirements of the other state are substantially similar to the eligibility requirements of Tennessee.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

A person who is employed in this state for at least thirty (30) hours a week for six (6) consecutive months is required to obtain a Tennessee handgun carry permit within six (6) months from the last day of the sixth month of regular employment in Tennessee. A Tennessee handgun carry permit will be issued in this situation only if the other state has eligibility requirements that are substantially similar to the eligibility requirements of Tennessee. If the eligibility requirements from the other state are substantially similar to the eligibility requirements of Tennessee, Tennessee may issue a Tennessee permit to the person employed in this state under the renewal provisions of Tennessee law.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

The above will not apply if the state of residence of the person employed in Tennessee has entered into a reciprocity agreement with Tennessee.

STATES WITH RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS

Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Ohio
North Carolina
South Carolina
South Dakota
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming

The above states are the only ones that have signed a formal agreement with the State of Tennessee.

STATES WHO DO NOT WISH TO ENTER INTO RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS

Alabama
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Idaho
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Maryland
Massachusetts
Montana
New Jersey
New York
North Dakota
Rhode Island

STATES THAT DO NOT RECOGNIZE TENNESSEE PERMITS

California
Connecticut
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Maryland
Massachusetts
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Washington

Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by bmoeller
Could've gotten Rips cheater "muffler". It looks like a normal muff, but has a solid pipe going through it.

Joel, you have one of the coolest sounding CTD's period. Rips "sneaker" series would be a way to make the state troopers happy.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 PM

Better go back and figure. Alabama has full reciprocy with Tennessee. Also it was Tennessee that did not want to sign. Your info is somewhat dated. If you cannot get this info from Tennessee, go to the Alabama AG web site and download the Alabama package.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

Haulin

I just got from the Tennessee WEB site.

Remember who WE have in Nashville, it's hard to get anything straight from them.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Go to www.packing.org for an excellent site on CCW laws Nation-wide.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread topic........

Stopped for stacks AGAIN

Quick Reply: Stopped for stacks AGAIN