Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stolen Truck (keep an eye out guys)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that does sound like a great investment. If i ever save up enough money again to get another really nice truck, i will definitely be looking into that. For now, i will probably just get a little $500 beater car
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tip not so good

Originally Posted by GHerrmann
Sorry to hear your truck was stolen. Just a tip for everyone, I always back in the driveway. It's harder to tow the truck away. They would have to hook up to the front and drag the locked up rear end. This may make a bit more noise and they won't be able to go very fast. Then they would have to unhook and hook back up to go any distance.
I hate to ruin your idea but any truck with the manual transfer case just needs a little tug on the lever to the (n) position and the entire drivetrain is now disconnected and free wheeling (NO DRAGGING TIRES/REAR END) !!!!

That really sucks that they got away with your nice truck hopefully they will end up with a terminal lead disease with a loud BANG somewhere in there travels !!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 PM

mike marshall

Will keep a lookout in Fayetteville nc
Old 12-02-2008, 07:41 PM

i appreciate it mike
Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

headed to loris sc then whiteville tomorrow still keeping an eye out in my travels.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Never had anything stolen, but what has your insurance said?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Me to,,,,

Ill be watching out for her in Boise,,,,, if I see em, I'll be happy to let em know just how you feel!!
Sorry for your "hopefully" temporary loss
Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Hey man,
Very SH**TY deal with what happend with the truck.
I had 3 quads and a dirtbike stolen one night.
About a week later after, I went out an just bought an 04 CRF250r washed it after a day of riding. Went inside to let my German Shepard and my Begel outside. Next thing I know 3 guys are loading it into a pickup truck!!!!!!!.
Uncle was in the barn who has a CC permit orderd them all on the ground while both dogs are going at them.
They told the cops when they came they though it was free. HAHAHA total load of B.S. they were charged with close to 20 other recreational toys that were stolen over the past few months.
Glad they got caught but I wish the cops dident come so fast if you know what I mean.
I feel your pain man good luck with her.

If i ever get a new truck I want it painted to look like its all banged up and rusty one that would be just cool and two people wouldent suspect a thing just another junker in someones driveway
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Insurance company says that we have to wait 30 days to see of it turns up and if not then they will give me the value of the truck (minus the $20k + in mods and accessories). Sucks don't it?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 PM

i feel for you man, back in january my house burnt down i lost everything, except my truck and my wifes car because neither of us was there, come to find out they think it was set never caught anyone, so then we built it back and three weeks after we moved back in somone broke in and stoll about 10k dollars worth of stuff. so i definately feel your pains man good luck, we will keep our eyes open in ky
Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by diesel96
A GPS tracking device is a great investment. A friend of mine has one, which allows me to track him as he is going down the highway. He told me a story of how one of his friends had his welding stolen. He called the police, gave them the code to access the GPS, while at the same time tracking his truck on his own computer. He recorded all the stops the his stolen vehicle had made, and relayed the info to the police. The police were able to retrieve all of the trucks equipment that had been dropped off at various locations, and the truck itself. All of the thieves were also arrested at the scene. This was possible because everything was seen and done in "real time".
where does one go to get one of these gps tracking things
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by ngkefalides
Insurance company says that we have to wait 30 days to see of it turns up and if not then they will give me the value of the truck (minus the $20k + in mods and accessories). Sucks don't it?
I had a vehicle totaled a few years back. Showed recipts for everything and got 1/2 of the mods, etc that i had in it added to what they originaly offered. Good Luck!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 AM

Sorry about the truck. Do you have USAA insurance? If you complain a little bit they might give you enough to replace the actual value of the truck. Anything inside it (that isn't attached) might be reimbursed through a homeowner's or renter's policy. I had a generator stolen once and they asked me how much I paid for it. I got it on a great clearance deal and couldn't replace it for that little. I got what it took to replace it after a few persistent phone calls. Good luck and thanks for serving our country.

Semper Fi!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 AM

I printed out pics of your truck and had a border patrol agent post that it was stolen at all the border crossings but i need a Vin number to help more i know the feeling my 08 f-150 was stolen about 2 months ago and well if you read my newest post have had some really really bad stuff happen to my family............i HATE THEIVES with a passion and looking for help as well I really hope you get it back i called my little brother ( a state trooper in Va ) i dont know anything else i can do to help but Best of luck Bro.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:07 AM

ill keep a look out in indiana

Quick Reply: Stolen Truck (keep an eye out guys)