Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stock Fuel Plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Fuel Plate

I'm planning to cut my stock fuel plate to a #100 in the near future. But I'd like to find another stock plate to have a back-up incase I need to go back to stock (yeah right).

Until I come across another fuel plate and grind it, how far should I move the stock fuel plate to increase power? Does it go forward or backward? Are there any other adjustments that should be made as well? Links, Pics? I've done some searching but everyone just talks about grinding the plates, not moving the stocker.

My gauges will be here this week, along with a 4k GSK, and I'm straightpiping it this weekend, so I just want a bit more fuel until I come across another stock plate.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TexasHardcore
I'm planning to cut my stock fuel plate to a #100 in the near future. But I'd like to find another stock plate to have a back-up incase I need to go back to stock (yeah right).

Until I come across another fuel plate and grind it, how far should I move the stock fuel plate to increase power? Does it go forward or backward? Are there any other adjustments that should be made as well? Links, Pics? I've done some searching but everyone just talks about grinding the plates, not moving the stocker.

My gauges will be here this week, along with a 4k GSK, and I'm straightpiping it this weekend, so I just want a bit more fuel until I come across another stock plate.
I wouldnt move it

till u get the gauges in there, start with the starwheel a bit more, then put gauges, and play with AFC and plate positioning. Expect about 30 or so horses with the stock plate full forward, but do be warned, its not the best profile for pushing full forward.

A 0 plate or a 100 plate will work better, but ur stock trans will not like them under a heavier throttle or load, and egts are controlled much more easily wiht a lighter foot with a 0 or a 100.

Rick
Old 01-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Well, I just moved the stock plate forward. I was going to grind it to a #100 but I didn't have the right wheels to make it nice & purty after grinding so I just moved it for now. Just that alone made a helluva difference. I'm about to go back out to the shop and adjust the starwheel right now.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 AM

Ok, now the starwheel has been moved and it's much more responsive on the low end! Amazing what 30-40hp will do to a truck this heavy...can't wait til the 4k GSK, DDP4's, and HX40 are in!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 AM

Why dont you just pull the plate completely, and keep the stock plate for a back up?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

if you remove your plate, adjust the lever arm way up so it can't dive under the AFC foot, then the AFC will be your plate