Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stock Air Box VS. Air Induction Systems???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re:Stock Air Box VS. Air Induction Systems???

[quote author=DEZLPWR link=board=7;threadid=13870;start=0#130581 date=1051042271]<br>All I have to say is:<br><br>SCOTTY, YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D<br><br>I installed my Scotty II @ the WADTR #10 bomb party this weekend, and all I have to say is !<br><br>My PDR 40 now sounds like a 747 spooling up for takeoff, and EGT's @ WOT are down 200+*. I must admit, I was skeptical of the claims, but not now.... It works! 8) <br><br>****Not affiliated with any vendor, just happy with my bombs!****<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats excellent to hear and thank you for purchasing the product that SUCKS COOooooOooooOOOOOooooL AIR<br><br> ;D<br><br>Working on the Gemini for the 03 now...Twins with an attitude.<br>and a Proper air intake system. ;D
Old 04-22-2003, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listen to diesels with a lot more power than anyone has in their trucks all day. To be honest I enjoy the quiet of the 03 trucks and so that left the scotty well down on my list even though it sounds like a good product. I dont see a whole lot of difference between the BD product or most of the other ones and I am only going to be running my truck up to about 400 hp. That means for me egts are not going to be a huge issue and that one or another might get me a few more ponies doesnt matter either. Since all I needed from mine was to let the truck breath I picked mostly on secondary points. I like the polished look, I like the service BD gives and their reputation. Certainly some of the others (Diesel Dynamics etc) enjoy good reputations themselves and Im not picking on any other vendors quality.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:53 PM

Steve, You know I'm a die heart Scotty Fan. I don't think the Scotty in and of its self make any more power, but it does allow you to stay in the power longer w/o the pistons melting I do believe that the stock housing even with the the hood scoop is a restriction. It doesn't matter how the air is forced in, it will only flow as much as the filter will allow. I am thinking that even on of these big cone filter isn't enough for all the HP you are making. I say lets build a tee set up and put two RE-0880 filter on there and then build a heat shield to keep the engine heat away...
Old 04-22-2003, 07:01 PM

Steve,<br><br>Do you remove your filter when you dyno?<br><br>Nathan
Old 04-22-2003, 08:09 PM

Dee..I know you would jump in here soon or later?

Nate..Are you suppose to have a filter??? : :, The answer is no. ;D ;D

I'm just looking to pull, maybe a little more, even one little HP. Someone, sell me on a new system!!!

Keeping this all together, on two different web sites is hard, so for those, who want can get some other opinions here:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...threadid=71938
Keep the info comming, May Madness is only Two weeks away.

Steve
Old 04-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=crabman link=board=7;threadid=13870;start=15#130657 date=1051048865]<br>I listen to diesels with a lot more power than anyone has in their trucks all day. To be honest I enjoy the quiet of the 03 trucks and so that left the scotty well down on my list even though it sounds like a good product. I dont see a whole lot of difference between the BD product or most of the other ones and I am only going to be running my truck up to about 400 hp. That means for me egts are not going to be a huge issue and that one or another might get me a few more ponies doesnt matter either. Since all I needed from mine was to let the truck breath I picked mostly on secondary points. I like the polished look, I like the service BD gives and their reputation. Certainly some of the others (Diesel Dynamics etc) enjoy good reputations themselves and Im not picking on any other vendors quality. <br>[/quote]<br><br>The RAM AIR 3 [3rd generation trucks] is not like the Scotty Air II for noise [2nd gen RAMS] and it certainly has a different enclosure then others.<br>
Old 04-22-2003, 11:31 PM

HeberRam,

I have just started doing tests with the scotty 2.

Made a nice 85 mph blast today while the laptop recorded the IAT. There was only a 7.2 degree change from 0 to 30 psi boost. This was with the scotty II in hush mode. I will reinstall the OEM airbox and filter and test it the same way.

At this point I would have to say that the Scotty 2 does what they claim.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:02 AM

[quote author=HeberRam link=board=7;threadid=13870;start=15#130731 date=1051060140]<br>Nate..Are you suppose to have a filter??? : :, The answer is no. ;D ;D<br><br>Steve<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I think that Doug's airbox might be restricting airflow on the dyno. If you had a 5&quot; intake hose I'd let you try mine at MM. ;D
Old 04-23-2003, 10:37 AM

The man that comes out with a functional ram air hood to a high flow air box will be my hero........<br><br>I still want this hood in a bad way.<br><br>
Old 04-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Top's Younger Twin

That is a nice hood.<br>I just followed up on one of my hoods and it will be here tomorrow.<br>Surgery starts asap.<br>I will look at an intake [functional hood] for factory turbo and Gemini twins. ;D<br><br>
Old 04-23-2003, 03:06 PM

I might just have to buy the hood and figure out how to make it all work later