Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Steering/ Suspension Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering/ Suspension Performance Parts

I've been hearing some chatter about frame flex and whimpy track bar design from some of the guys on the < 2003 2500's.. I'm being informed that the Dodge Steering Stablizer and Track Bar conversion kit with adjustable track bar produced by Solid Steel Industries is a "gauranteed" solution (In talking to them "If it doesn't work and/or you don't like it, we will buy it back from you." A money back gaurantee....

http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/steeringsuspension.htm

I may be gulable but I'm up for trying anything to get rid of the wobble.
Anyone have any experience with these upgrades?
Thanks in advance for your inputs
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

It's worth a shot. I just did the steering bushing and it helped a little. But bottom line is these front ends aren't very well put together. There is still alittle play in the steering and my mustang is smoother off road. lol
If mine doesn't start acting like a good truck, it's getting sold for a Ford.
I've always heard the only good part is the Cummins. Can't wait until they put them in a Ford.

that's not a bad price on that stabalizing kit tho. Let me know if you get it installed.
-D
Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 AM

I have both parts on my 94. The steering box stabilizer has been on for a couple of years and it really made a difference in steering response.

My truck just passed the 200k mile mark when I installed a Kore Performance suspension kit on it. Of course all the steering linkage was shot so I when I replaced the drag link assembly I also replaced the track bar with the Solid Steel model. I like the way SS redesigned the upper mount (on the frame) so that the track bar now utilizes a pivot instead of a ball joint.