Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Star wheel won't move help??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star wheel won't move help??

I just bought a 94 auto 4x4 3/4 ton with a 3.55 about a month ago. I just rolled over 200k yesterday. The power feels good, but it doesn't put out hardly any smoke so I was going to turn the star wheel a bit. I can't get it to move at all. I have noticed that someone has "tweeked" the pump. Bot tamper proof screws are not tamper proof. Would it be possible that whoever messed with it the first time turned the star wheel in all the way? Is there a point where it just stops, if so wouldn't it be smoking a lot or not. Everything is stock on it. I would like to get a feul plate for it and some DVs. Which brings me to my next question. Where is the best place to start bombing on this pump. With the fuel plate, DVs, injecters? I want to make big horse with this truck, that is why I bought it, to play with. But I also want to pace myself so I can spread out the fun and make sure I do each step right, so I dont' have an expensive lesson.
Heath
Old 08-29-2004, 05:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The star wheel moves fore or aft when you turn it, most times it will disappear beyond the edge of the hole where you can't get at it before it will stop turning. It will eventually stop turning though. For more smoke you want it towards the forward edge of the hole. Your afc housing should be slid forward also. To do this loosen the four screws that hold the housing where the star wheel is accessed and slide it foward, the holes are enlongated.

Get at least a pyro first then a plate. #10 works great in a '94 auto even though the charts don't recommend it.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A #10 plate or a #0 plate, I talked to piers and he told me a #0 plate, are piers plates about the best ones out there for big ponys? Is a piers #10 plate the same as a TST #10 plate or not.
Heath
Old 08-30-2004, 05:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Unless things have changed a Piers plate and TST plate are one in the same. A #0 plate will be ok depending on what you want to do with the truck. With a 0 your right foot becomes the plate. If you are accelerating rapidly, towing or driving hills you will have to constantly monitor your egts. Most people, myself included, would rather not have their eyes on the pyro the whole time they're driving.