Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stage 5 jammers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 5 jammers

I found stage 5 jammers and it sounds a little extreme for my truck....I dont know if these are just nozzles or they are injectors but it says..

DD Stage 5 Jammer 175HP High Recommended with NOS and twins, competition only

http://www.piersdiesel.com/DodgeInjectors.htm

is the link.....I was think about rv275's,mach 1's, or stage 5 jammer nozzles....I dont know where I can find the mach 1's or the jammer nozzles though....How would those nozzles work on my truck...I am all stock with the exception of a straight pipe...I have an 02 24V 6sp
Old 10-26-2005, 07:13 PM

I have the DD supermentals in mine. I love the things. They are a little less than the jammer 5's. with mine I have total control of smoke. they drive good around town and gave me about 1 mpg better. still on stock turbo and clutch and egt's are ok. hope this helps.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 PM

how much can you smoke and where can I get those??
Old 10-26-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jhood12

is the link.....I was think about rv275's,mach 1's, or stage 5 jammer nozzles....I dont know where I can find the mach 1's or the jammer nozzles though....How would those nozzles work on my truck...I am all stock with the exception of a straight pipe...I have an 02 24V 6sp
There is a big power gap between the RV275's,Mach 1's,and the jammer 5's.RV's are 40hp and the stage 5 jammer injectors are 175hp.If you do want the jammers www.citydiesel.net has the best prices.They sell the nozzles to put on your injectors,or you can get the nozzles already installed.Keep in mind they are not a full Jammer injector,but they do claim to flow balance them so im sure they are fine.If money is not a problem I would definatley go with some F1 sticks. www.F1diesel.com, www.sourceautomotive.biz
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 PM

anyone know who sells the DD supermentals??
Old 10-27-2005, 08:09 AM

You can Super Mentals here: http://www.performancedieselwarehouse.com/820620.html
Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 PM

Smile

Just my opinion, but if you are going for some major sticks like that I would go for EDM injectors.I am sure the DD supermentals are fine injectors,but they are extrude honed.Which is kind of old technology.EDM's are definatley the way to go.They are a little cleaner and make a better spray pattern which atomizes the fuel better.I would want the Jammer 5's over the DD supermentals if it was me.Just my opinion though.Good luck
Old 10-27-2005, 08:30 PM

I have to second caleb. F1 sticks are the way to go. i like my dd's but i want F1 mach 5 or 6's plus the F1's should give you better milage. oh, i can smoke lots when i want too.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hehe-- Mach 4s are what you seek!! 150hp and amazingly good street manners.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Sorry, this is off topic, HOHN, have you ever dyno'd your truck?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:21 AM

Thanks for the input.....I dont plan on running too big of injectors I think I am just going to run injectors and remain stock other than them for awhile so I want something big enough that will give me some power and let me smoke a good bit but not enough to harm things....Are the F1's up my ally?? And if I do decide to go with DD's will they be too much also....Like i said im just looking for some injectors that will make good power and smoke good but not harm anything because I am all stock with the exception of a straight pipe..

John
Old 10-28-2005, 04:57 AM

I dont know about you John but I am sick of buying things twice. I am ordering the jammer 5 nozzles today. I was going to get something a little smaller but I know Myself. And sure enough Ill be dissapointed if I dont get the bigones first. i did a search and there are quite a few on here that are running the stage 5 sticks on stock turbos.
So I am going for it.
After I get them installed Ill put a post of how well (or not so well) they work.

Have fun ...Jay...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 AM

i would suggest buying an EGT gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and a boost gauge BEFORE any sort of power increase. the HO's have been known to run hot in stock form. without an EGT gauge the stage 5 nozzles would be fun until you reach meltdown...

before you buy use the search function with some key words such as "injectors" "mach" "jammer" "rv275" and listen to what others have said about their experiences
Old 10-28-2005, 11:09 AM

jhood12,

Tell us about how you use your truck, do you tow if so how heavy? Do you drive in the high elevations? How much HP do you want? Are you willing to upgrade your turbo or do you want to stick with your OEM model?

The F-1 injectors are the best injectors around! As with any mod you want to make the right choice...... Knowing how you use your truck and what you want out of it helps to recommend the proper size injector for you.

Doug
Old 10-28-2005, 02:56 PM

doug, I do tow with my truck but nothing too heavy....I mainly just tow my samurai on my car trailer....maybe sometimes a full size truck....I live in Indiana so no high elevations. I really would like to keep my truck as stock as possible...The only things I have been thinking about doing were gauges and some injectors and maybe eventually a box...

Quick Reply: stage 5 jammers